About Additional Files for the Book

Hi! I'm writing a book on programming, but I am having problems displaying source code with the pre tag. Does Lulu allow me to post additional files (with the source for each program) as an additional download with my ebook? If Lulu does allow me to do that, does Lulu provide me with the additional space for storing such files? This seems to be the only workaround I can think of for now. Thanks in advance for you attention.

Regards,

stdq

Comments

• Hi! I'm writing a book on programming, but I am having problems displaying source code with the pre tag. Does Lulu allow me to post additional files (with the source for each program) as an additional download with my ebook? If Lulu does allow me to do that, does Lulu provide me with the additional space for storing such files? This seems to be the only workaround I can think of for now. Thanks in advance for you attention.

I am at a loss to what you are actually asking. Do you mean an ePub? If you do then what will you create those additional downloads as? Also if it's an ePub and you want an ISBN and dist, those additional files will not be ported to other sites with the main ePub, unless you also create them as ePubs, which defeats the object if you cannot do that!

Again, if you mean an ePub then create the pages as jpgs and paste them to pages in a Word file and upload that to the ePub Wizard.

Or, simply create the whole thing as a PDF, which is more or less the same set up as for a printed book, but which can only be sold on Lulu, but at least it will all be in one file.

• Thanks for your reply. Yes, I forgot to say I meant an Epub. I decided to go with the PDF format for now. Thanks again.