We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

Questions from a first time author

Okay, so I'm writing my first comic book and I've decided to use lulu. However I have some questions. In the terms and conditions, it mentions offensive language and violence and such. Well my comic book is a dark type of comic. Of course there's violence and blood involved. Nothing too violent for teens, but bloody for kids. PG-13, I suppose. Same as language. No racial slurs or anything. Doesn't use the f word. However I'm new to this so I'm not certain on the guidelines and I'd hat to tick some people off or be shut down on my first book. Can anyone tell me if bold is okay and some slight language?

Comments

• Okay, so I'm writing my first comic book and I've decided to use lulu. However I have some questions. In the terms and conditions, it mentions offensive language and violence and such.

Are you sure that does not just apply to the forum and other places on Lulu you posts appear? The Description of your book on your Spotlight for example?

Well my comic book is a dark type of comic. Of course there's violence and blood involved. Nothing too violent for teens, but bloody for kids. PG-13, I suppose. Same as language. No racial slurs or anything. Doesn't use the f word. However I'm new to this so I'm not certain on the guidelines and I'd hat to tick some people off or be shut down on my first book. Can anyone tell me if bold is okay and some slight language?

That just sounds like most modern comic books really. Like Manga or Marvel. There's always that tool on Lulu's Spotlights that allow people to report books if they feel the need, and that is the only time Lulu staff look at the books. But judging by a lot of the content already on Lulu I think you have nothing to fear.