Informing People in a Fun Way

 

Hi! I've recently designed some poetry book related personality tests as a fun way of informing people of the books I have published with this website. It could be a good way of informing people who spend a lot of their time having fun doing personality tests.

 

Here are the games I have designed, including poetry-book related (as well as non-poetry book related) so you can have some fun doing both types! If you have any feedback on this, it's also welcome!


1. What Poetry Book Are You?
https://www.playbuzz.com/angelgirl10/what-poetry-book-are-you

 

2.  What The Sky That Falls Poem Are You?

https://www.playbuzz.com/angelgirl10/what-the-sky-that-falls-poem-are-you

 

3. Which of These Poetry Books Would You Read? (poll)
https://www.playbuzz.com/angelgirl10/which-of-these-poetry-books-would-you-read


----
non-poetry book related tests:

1. How Well Do You Know the Periodic Table?
https://www.playbuzz.com/angelgirl10/how-well-do-you-know-the-periodic-table

 

2. What JLO Song Are You?
https://www.playbuzz.com/angelgirl10/what-jlo-song-are-you

 

Comments

  • This is great, but I don't see any links to your books on any of the tests.


  • Ron Miller wrote:

    This is great, but I don't see any links to your books on any of the tests.


    That's true but I don't think I'm permitted to share links because it would be too promotional rather than informing..  in addition my books may not be your personality match, so it would probably just be a case of informing people if they wanted to look those up.  

     

    What was your book match, by the way?  You don't have to share if you don't want to!  Smiley Happy


  • angelgirl22 wrote:

    Ron Miller wrote:

    This is great, but I don't see any links to your books on any of the tests.


    That's true but I don't think I'm permitted to share links because it would be too promotional rather than informing..  in addition my books may not be your personality match, so it would probably just be a case of informing people if they wanted to look those up.  

     

    What was your book match, by the way?  You don't have to share if you don't want to!  Smiley Happy


    Uh...you said that " I've recently designed some poetry book related personality tests as a fun way of informing people of the books I have published." So it would certainly seem that your intention was in fact to promote your books.

     

    And if you do want people to look up your books, then at least give their titles if you don't want to provide links.

     

    (By the way, the first test got me "Penguin's Poems for Love," for some utterly unfathomable reason. My vote went to "Canterbury Tales.")


  • (By the way, the first test got me "Penguin's Poems for Love," for some utterly unfathomable reason. My vote went to "Canterbury Tales.")

     

     


    Hi guys, I've recently created a new personality test as a way of informing people of the two poetry books I recently published last year with lulu.  The Sky that Falls was the first poetry book I published last year with Lulu, so I hope you enjoy taking The Sky that Falls personality test, as a fun way of informing people that my poetry book and poems are out there:

     

    What The Sky That Falls Poem Are You?

    https://www.playbuzz.com/angelgirl10/what-the-sky-that-falls-poem-are-you

     

    If you love poetry you'll enjoy this.

  • I just started your 'test' and found the options too restricting to carry on. What sort of poem does that make me?

     

    I think I would prefer a link to a Preview of your work.

  • Did you not complete answering the multiple choice questions?  There's a poem at the end of that.

  • This all might have seemed immensely clever when you thought of it, but it is not very well planned. As someone else already pointed out, the choices provided are much too limited. I realize that you want the result to end with one of your poems, but you don't make it clear at all at the start that this is the goal. You should say something about your book first so that the person taking this test has some idea what is going on and where the quiz is headed. Simply saying "Will you be a villanelle, a sestina, a pantoum or a sonnet? This is one for all poetry lovers!" is not enough...and is very misleading. It would be a lot simpler and clearer if you were to say out the outset something like, "Which of the poems from my book will you be?"

     

    PS---

    You should not swipe clip art. Many of the images you used are not free.

  • Did you not complete answering the multiple choice questions?  There's a poem at the end of that.

     

    No, I did say I did not and why. It's a Preview of a book I would wish to see.

  • Hi guys, playbuzz is a free website and if there were issues the editors of the website would have let me know.  My personality tests will not be published if there are issues and the tests will have been taken down.  Playbuzz itself allows everybody creating the tests to use the images which most people take from google.  If you have an issue with the images you have to consult playbuzz about it.  There is a contact form on their website.

     

    Secondly, there is a preview of my book on lulu already. I've already provided links to that in older threads and won't do so again because you've already seen them.  If you want to take the test you'll get a poem.  If you don't bother taking the test then you clearly don't want a poem.


  • angelgirl22 wrote:

    Hi guys, playbuzz is a free website and if there were issues the editors of the website would have let me know.  My personality tests will not be published if there are issues and the tests will have been taken down.  Playbuzz itself allows everybody creating the tests to use the images which most people take from google.  If you have an issue with the images you have to consult playbuzz about it.  There is a contact form on their website.

     

    Secondly, there is a preview of my book on lulu already. I've already provided links to that in older threads and won't do so again because you've already seen them.  If you want to take the test you'll get a poem.  If you don't bother taking the test then you clearly don't want a poem.


    You are shifting the blame onto the wrong people. Most of the clipart websites you took images from clearly state that the images they offer are not for free. It is one thing to use an image in good faith, thinking it is in the public domain, it is quite another thing to go ahead and use an image that is not in the public domain and put it onto the shoulders of the copyright owner to protest. 

     

    Besides, it looks incredibly cheesy to include the watermarks from the clip art sites you've taken images from. Aside from looking unprofessional, all this does is declare, "I have taken these images without permission."

     

    Finally, you seem to be adamant in thinking there are no problems with the way you have set up your "test." There seems to be little point in reiterating them.

     

     

  • There really isn't a problem.  Those pictures are in the public domain and I'm not the only person on the website using the images.  Those images get used again and again by somebody else and there is never an issue with the site users.  All the pictures were taken from google images and so are their ones.  Playbuzz reviews all of them before publishing and they've allowed everyone else to use them, so if you perceive it's an issue, it's an issue with playbuzz.  I never thought it was an issue and I wouldn't have taken it on with playbuzz.


  • angelgirl22 wrote:

    There really isn't a problem.  Those pictures are in the public domain and I'm not the only person on the website using the images.  Those images get used again and again by somebody else and there is never an issue with the site users.  All the pictures were taken from google images and so are their ones.  Playbuzz reviews all of them before publishing and they've allowed everyone else to use them, so if you perceive it's an issue, it's an issue with playbuzz.  I never thought it was an issue and I wouldn't have taken it on with playbuzz.


    Just because everyone else is using an image doesn't mean they are using it properly. You need to do due diligence before copying an image from the web. 

     

    One of the very first images you use clearly states "© www.clipproject.info" If an image bears a copyright it is not in the public domain. I have made the image nice and large so you can clearly see the copyright notice.

    1

    Your next image is from Photosearch. The reason it bears a watermark is to prevent its unauthorized use.

     

    4

     

    A little further on you use another watermarked image, this time from gograph.com

     

    2

     

     

    Here is the original source page along with the prices gograph charges to use the image http://www.gograph.com/clipart/a-young-poet-gg59184548.html

     

    This next image came from canstockphoto.com  and here is their price list http://www.canstockphoto.com/heart-reading-love-poem-cartoon-16905256.html

     

    3

     

     

    Why in the world do you think these images are watermarked and their usage limited if they are in the public domain?

     

     

    1 0B
    2 0B
    3 0B
    4 0B
  • Is this your book?  http://www.lulu.com/shop/deniz-besim/the-sky-that-falls/paperback/product-21677184.html

     

    Generic Lulu Cover Wizard creation cover.

     

    No Copyright page.

     

    Page numbers and lines where there should be none.

     

    Two pages of TOC in a 67 page book.

     

    Two more pages with just section titles on.

     

    Too expensive..

     

    I would concentrate on fine tuning the book before you attempt more 'marketing'.

  • Perhaps some people think that if something is stolen by many people who then plaster it across the web, means that it's then entered 'public domain?'  Smiley Surprised   Smiley Frustrated


  • kevinlomas wrote:

    Perhaps some people think that if something is stolen by many people who then plaster it across the web, means that it's then entered 'public domain?'  Smiley Surprised   Smiley Frustrated


    I think that is exactly the theory. Or "I found it posted on Google so it must be public domain."

Sign In or Register to comment.