Are you writing fiction or non-fiction?

Just curious what the spread is across this forum.

I have one of each...to get things off to a start.

Comments

• You will not get a good cross-section of replies because far more people publish on Lulu than use the forums. But personally out of all the books I have published only one is non-fiction. I think!

Possibly Lulu staff have those statistics?

• I write RPG materials. So fiction I guess, but not novels - more "creative writing meets technical manual"

But mostly I draw maps.
  • Five published so far, all fiction.

• 1) Several scholarly books on the Philippines in English

2) Travel accounts / lifestory in French

3) Dreams in French

4) A sitcom in two volumes in three editions - English-French (Extrapolations), French only (Fringues et Dingues) and English only (Spiffies and Loonies).

• One fiction so far with 3 more coming up in various stages of development. I don't think I have the patience or dedication needed for non-fiction. To be able to write good non-fiction you need ....... oh look a squirrel.

• What I would suggest as personal resurch that can be made available in simple mathematical format mixed with real world experimentation to back up my theories I have one non-fiction. I have a place where you can go there at this address http://krbcrc.wix.com/khufuscounterweights/khufu-s-counterweights-.html ,It's a five page website filled with pictures, comentary and video demonstrations of how the thoery works. Five novels of the fiction variety better known as, "The Mighty Companion" series, and one sci-fi called, "Pseudo Alchemy" About the end of time.

For a grand total of six books. Only the Unabridged hard cover if available at lulu.com. my paper backs are printed through tate publishing house and also with createspace.com Here's a URL to my books at my 24/7 online book store. www.talesfromjoshuatree.com My first novel, "Lonely River Pass" is available on that site for free! Just to get you started. Good luck in all your endeavors, and if you have any questions you can find my contact information on that page also. Thank you very much. KRB/CRC

•  I currently have 79 Fiction short story books published.

The 80th is complete and is ready for the proofreader then will be published.

Have the 81st almost ready to be typed. I prefer to write on legal tablets then type when completed.

The 82nd is started.

• How short is short?

• In print, thus far:

1 fiction, and

2 non-fiction.

• Just published my first horror novella on this website; have over a dozen ideas for short stories and other novellas, mainly fiction.

• Can I point out that POD is not a cheap process and the full-colour cover of a B & W book accounts for the lion's share of a book's cost.

As an example, one of my A5 short stories costs  £3.49, for just 36 pages, which in my opinion is too expensive. But one with 256 pages is only around twice the price. Still too expensive really, but little can be done about it.

I would suggest that anyone with many short story ideas should wait until they have a few ready, stick them in one file of pages and publish a book of those short stories.

How long is a short story? Perhaps up to A5 100 pages with a size 11 font.