Page Count Error

Howdy folks, first time Lulu author here. I'm trying to make some pocketbook copies of my first book, Achilles vs. Mecha-Hector (plug at the bottom, business first). I'm going with the pocket size since my book is only 150 pages according to Amazon. Yet when I try to upload it, I get this message:

I lowered the font size to give it a more natural look and not seem like a My First Big Kid Book, but there's no way reducing the font size 3pts could reduce 150pgs to below 40pgs. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

(http://www.amazon.com/Achilles-vs-Mecha-Hector-Bronzepunk-Adventure-ebook/dp/B00TA08O4A/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1423513623&sr=1-1)

Comments

• Okay, on your raw document:

What is your font size? What type of document (PDF, Doc, Docx)? how many pages does it show in your word processor?

What page size is selected in your word processor?

• Howdy folks, first time Lulu author here. I'm trying to make some pocketbook copies of my first book, Achilles vs. Mecha-Hector (plug at the bottom, business first). I'm going with the pocket size since my book is only 150 pages according to Amazon. Yet when I try to upload it, I get this message:

It's a bit of a puzzle. All I can think of is that you have chosen Saddle Stitch and not Perfect Bound.

But there's no option I can see that thinks that 150 pages is not enough!

http://connect.lulu.com/t5/Product-Pricing-Information/Binding-options-and-their-page-counts/ta-p/33673

I lowered the font size to give it a more natural look and not seem like a My First Big Kid Book, but there's no way reducing the font size 3pts could reduce 150pgs to below 40pgs. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Sorry, you have lost me now. Did you not say that the Wizard says you do not have enough pages? So why would you want to make it even fewer pages? And I am now looking at the options and there are none with a max allowable page count of 40. 88 Seems the lowest max.

Somewhere along the line your PDF does not have enough pages, not too many. I think that is what it's saying.

BTW. Your book on Amazon is a Kindle so the page-count may be meaningless.

PS: A5 is a cheaper option than Pocketbook.

• 1. Font size - 8.5 (lowered the font size a bit from the original so that there would be more than 50 words per page)

2. .doc (converted from a Pages doc)

3. 277pgs

4. 4.25 X 8.875 (pocketbook format)

• Thanks for the reply. Within the properly formatted document (for pocketbook) and with the reduced font size the total page count is still 277pgs. I'm contacted customer support so I guess we'll see what they say

• Hi jdbate

I had a look at your file.

There are indeed 277 pages in it.

Sadly, our converter does not play very well with documents orginally created in Pages. The Pages program leaves a few snippets of code when the file is converted to MS Word that confuses both our print and eBook converters.

I suggest that you save the original file as a PDF and upload that instead. Make sure you set the dimensions for the PDF file to match the size of the book you intend to create.

Also, I noticed when looking at your file that your margins are really quite wide on each page. You may wish to set those to be around half an inch to an inch.

And lastly, have a look at your copyright page, there may be a few edits you would like to make there if you are planning to make this printed book available for purchase on other retail sites.

I hope you find this helpful.

• Thanks Glen! I'll get right on that

• That size of font is very hard to read. Once settled on a decent font size, such as 11 or 12pnt one, it's best not to mess with it to change the page count. It being easy to read is far better than attempting a certain page count.