We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

How do I convert pdf fils to "print ready pdf" files?

I have 39 separate pdf files that allow for a bleed. My book size is 8.25 X 10.75. So my files are all set up for the bleed at 8.5x11. However the bleed is not happening and I have been told by "support" that I need to put all my pdfs into ONE pdf file. Which I don't understand. Or reload my pdf's in a "print ready pdf" format. What the heck?! After a few more emails sent to customer support in total confusion on where to find this "print ready pf" format, I am still scratching me head. I haven't gotten a respone. Not holding my breath either. Can anyone point me in the right direction. 

Comments

• You can use a trial version of Adobe Pro and insert your PDFs one at a time to end up with one PDF file, with 39 pages. Or, you can convert all your individual PDFs into jpegs and insert them in a Word file and print that as a PDF.

So, you must upload one PDF file to make a book, not 39 individual PDFs.

Your book size is 8.25 X 10.75, is this correct? If so, you have enough bleed. If your book size is 8.5 x11. Then your merged PDF should be 8.75 x 11.25.

A citizen of the world.

• Here is a trial version of Adobe Pro:

https://www.acrobat.com/en_us/free-trial-download.html

A citizen of the world.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Lulu's convertor splices individual files in to one, so why not upload one file so there's no problems while it's trying to do that?

If you open a PDF in AR it gives the option to Save To Clipboard. Paste to some art/photo software. Save as jpg. Create a Word file to the correct dimensions etc etc., Add the images to the pages. Save As PDF. Upload to Lulu's Wizards.

• I am a little confused here. Did you mean to convert PDF files to "print ready pdf" files with or without the help of any pdf converting toolkits? I am almost a green hand on this field.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

The original question is a bit confusing also. because it is the Project Wizards that create the Print Ready PDF from the file/s one uploads to them, be it a docx, a RTF or even a PDF.