Question about cover image

I have designed a book cover in Photoshop Elements according to your size specifications and is a jpg format. I might as well attach it, so you can see. I still have not tried converting the Word .doc into an epub using your wizard. My question is this. Does the wizard want a completely designed book cover such as this one for the cover image, or is it really just asking for a picture, which it is going to put in along with the title, subtitle and author and produce its own cover image. Also, then are the marketing image and the cover image and the book cover all separate or if not how do they relate?

Comments

• You have the choice of either using a plain picture (supplied by yourself or Lulu) and then

adding the name of the book and your author name, or uploading a cover which you have designed.

If you do the latter be sure to click on the 'Text'  tab and deselect the Book Title and Author name

(you have to do one at a time) as these will overprint your cover which already contains this information.

Good luck with your book.

• Also, then are the marketing image and the cover image and the book cover all separate or if not how do they relate?

For some reason the Epub Cover is called the Marketing Image because it's also used as the display wherever your ePub is on sale, and on E-reader 'bookshelf' displays, but it also gets placed as the first 'page' on your ePub, but not right away so you may not at first see it in the ePub it creates.

The image you linked to will do, and you can delete the default text the Cover Wizard places. Ignore the frames and drag your image right over them.