The TITLE page of a photobook

Hello!

This question relates to the TITLE page (not cover page) of the plain white interior photo book.  It appears that every single page has layout options and can have photos dragged onto them accordingly... except the title page (note: I'm referring to the first right-hand page visible upon opening the book).  The title page has a reduced layout set (just two options), both apparently textual-customizable, yet both refuse to be applied to the page, and, indeed, nothing can be dragged to or otherwise altered on the page.  (See screen shot) Instead, I appear to be stuck with a default "My Photo Book" label, centered on the page.

Any ideas how I can fix this problem?  My project is otherwise complete and awaiting resolution of this issue.

(I am using fully updated browsers, Flash, etc. and have replicated the issue in three different web browsers.)

Thank you! 

Ric

Comments

• Did this start out in a wizard? If so you should have had an option to create title and author name there. Not sure how photobooks work so just a suggestion.

• Shadow,

OK, so this works part way.  By changing the title and adding my name I can at least customize the title page.  But it appears that the two text options aren't available, only one.  Thanks for the tip!.

Ric

• The title page cannot include images, but you can update the title and author fields.

This may help.

To enter title and author information

1. From within the Photo Book Creation Wizard, click File in the top menu bar.
    2. Choose Edit title and author(s) from the resulting list.
    3. Complete the title and author fields.
    4. Choose whether to make your photo book public or restrict it to your own private access.
    5. Click Save.
  • The fact that the title page cannot include images or be customized beyond changing the title/author is the only reason that I will not use Lulu to produce any photo books. It is a huge disadvantage, and is the reason that I (and probably many others) print with a different vendor that allows full control over the design.

• can you tell me what that vendor is?

I have laid out my picture book, about to add title page where I can dedicate it to my family and it won't let me.

ugh, annoying.

• I too want to know what vendor you use.

Teykem wrote:

The fact that the title page cannot include images or be customized beyond changing the title/author is the only reason that I will not use Lulu to produce any photo books. It is a huge disadvantage, and is the reason that I (and probably many others) print with a different vendor that allows full control over the design.

• Likewise -

The only option that allows full control over layout and design (upload a PDF) is the Large Landscape. But I found with a test copy, with a short page count that size proved awkward and odd.

I figured out I could export my designed pages to high resoution JPEGS, and just drop them into a blank 9 x 7 layout. But the TITLE PAGE cannot be formatted, cannot be deleted, cannot accept images.

The Pro hardvover only comes in US Trade and Letter sizes.
    The Premium Softcover come in 9 x 7 – but only in Coil, Perfect, and Saddle Stitch binding.

Hair-pulling.

I am a Designer, and I am also investigating alternate vendors for my design retrospectivbe project.