How will I know?...

Published a new ebook the other day. Had to revise it for some "issue" and resubmit it. Never having published an ebook before will I get a confirmation email that the "issue" has been properly fixed, the ebook was accepted and put into distribution? Or do I have to just bite my nails, wait, and see if it starts showing up in ISBN searches?

Dee

Comments

• oncewasoncewas Publisher

When your ebook has jumped through all the hoops you will receive an email to confirm this

and to let you know that it will now enter distribution.

• Thanks.

Dee
  • Didn't get an email notification for this thread so I'm kinda worried about my confirmation getting "lost in the email", so to speak.

How long should I wait before I start to worry?

Dee

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

I only recall getting auto-mails from the ePub Wizard when one has been published successfully, then Lulu humans have a look at it, and if they think Apple etc will pass it, they let it go. If they think it will not then they email you to say why. (Usually it's about HTML and they don't explain what they mean!)

If it does pass you then have to watch Manage to see if/when the sites list them. It can take weeks.

How Do. Pull up a chair. Would you like a cup of tea? Don't sit in that chair!!
  • "Watch Manage". What exactly does that mean? Click the "Manage" button?

Dee

Yes, at the side of Projects in your Projects list

• Thanx.

Dee
  • Hi Deemonie

It usually takes about a week for submitted eBooks to make it through the review process.

Once is passes, you will receive an email notification letting you know that the book has been submitted to the distribution channels you selected. The review completion email was added sometime last year as a means to keep authors more informed about the progress of their book.

• I usually hear within under 2 weeks. If there's a problem they did tell me what it was. The manage button lets you manage where you want the book to be distributed.
  • Thanks folks.

Dee

Once is passes, you will receive an email notification letting you know that the book has been submitted to the distribution channels you selected.

Hrmm, I never get those.

The Manage page also shows you when a submission is successful. ( Processed )

• I'm just hoping it doesn't take 2 weeks like Shadow said. I was hoping to get this done quickly.

Dee
  • Just FYI? Got my confirmation email today. So it's all good to go. Thanks again.

Dee