Help! Getting no reply!

So this is my first time making and ordering a book on Lulu. It was recommended by my university tutor. I am studying Fine Art and have made a book for a final piece. I ordered the book on 23rd December 2014 with the understanding that it will be shipped within 3-5 working days. Obviously I understand because of the holidays and so on this was going to take more than the week to send out. It has now been 5 working days and I have received no information on my order.

When I look at the order it says "Fulfilling" and has been saying "Preparing to Ship" for over a week and a half.

I understand there may be a delay because of the Christmas holidays but I am working to a deadline and would just like to know when the book will be shipped. 

I have submitted support tickets and they have not been answered. 

Is anyone else having this issue or have any advice because I am really starting to panic.

Thanks

Comments

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian

Using my fingers it appears you placed the order nine days ago, with three of those days holidays and two of them weekend days.

The order will say fulfilling until the printer is done and ready to ship, so it sounds like the printer had a backlog.

As for support tickets, Lulu's office was closed yesterday and isn't open yet because it's before 08:00 EST.  Plus if I remember how it works, when you enter a new ticket you should have gotten an autoresponse with suggestions for problem resolution.  If you didn't reply to that saying no it didn't help resolve your problem then the ticket closed.

ajohn1 wrote:

So this is my first time making and ordering a book on Lulu. It was recommended by my university tutor. I am studying Fine Art and have made a book for a final piece. I ordered the book on 23rd December 2014 with the understanding that it will be shipped within 3-5 working days. Obviously I understand because of the holidays and so on this was going to take more than the week to send out. It has now been 5 working days and I have received no information on my order.

When I look at the order it says "Fulfilling" and has been saying "Preparing to Ship" for over a week and a half.

I understand there may be a delay because of the Christmas holidays but I am working to a deadline and would just like to know when the book will be shipped. 

I have submitted support tickets and they have not been answered. 

Is anyone else having this issue or have any advice because I am really starting to panic.

Thanks

• It takes 2-3 working days to print plus 3-5 working days to ship during the  non-holidays. In about 5 days, you can start worrying if your order has not arrived.

A citizen of the world.

• I will definitely start to worry as I need the book before 12th. 

If there is a backlog should customers not be informed about it?

I will wait a few more days and if I have not heard anything I will try contact again.

When you place your order your print job goes to the nearest printer to you capable of doing that particular kind of print job.

Once the printer receives the file, it goes into a queue behind the other orders already received by the printer.

Once your file hits the head of the line it gets printed.  The caveat is that the machines don't automatically reload ink / toner / paper, people have to do that.

If you entered a ticket, replied to the autoresponse, it's a matter of waiting for Lulu's staff to get into the office, boot their computers, and work down through the other supposrt tickets till they get to yours.

The fora are for end-users, so we can't do anything other than offer advice.  The only other way to speed up the process is by contacting a moderator directly through PM, like @Glenn_Lulu.

ajohn1 wrote:

I will definitely start to worry as I need the book before 12th. 

If there is a backlog should customers not be informed about it?

I will wait a few more days and if I have not heard anything I will try contact again.

• Okay.

Thank you for your help. Im just a general panicker I think and wanted some reassurance.

I shall wait a few more days and see if anything happens.

Thanks again

• Cameron, I think Glenn's PM has been off for a while. It doesn't appear on my end.

A citizen of the world.

There is also @rsbraynin who also appears to be offline but whose PM is working.  Glenn may have taken a day or two for vacation after dealing with us heathens for a while.

Maggie wrote:

Cameron, I think Glenn's PM has been off for a while. It doesn't appear on my end.

• I believe he is working, but the messaging is off -- has been for weeks. It may remain that way.

Best bet is just raise a ticket.

A citizen of the world.

Per the original poster a ticket(s) was(were) raised without answer.

All other options failing, it turns into a waiting game of unforseen duration.

Maggie wrote:

I believe he is working, but the messaging is off -- has been for weeks. It may remain that way.

Best bet is just raise a ticket.

• I raised a ticket but have had no reply. I will just wait until mid week and see if I have heard anything. If I haven't I will start panicking as I need this book for little over a weeks time. It's a shame there isn't just a contact number so that I could phone up and find out.

As long as you replied to the autoresponse email you received when you opened your ticket, you should probably hear something either today or Monday.

I think the reason there is no general contact number is staffing the phone 24/7 in order to have someone available to take calls at all hours would make even ala carte self-serve too expensive.

ajohn1 wrote:
    I raised a ticket but have had no reply. I will just wait until mid week and see if I have heard anything. If I haven't I will start panicking as I need this book for little over a weeks time. It's a shame there isn't just a contact number so that I could phone up and find out.

• Hello I found this website and i ordered my book on the 18th and heard nothing and just sais fullfiling? I too understand about the Christmas holidays and the number of customes at this time of year. Have they taken your money out of the bank? do you know how to get in touch with Lulu?

i am sure that we will get our books and everything will be ok, but i guess when they promice somthing and dont deliver in the time they say, you beging to worry.

Hope it woks out for you.

Lee

• @ajohn1 

I see that your book is in fulfilling status.

It is being printed in the UK for delivery to your UK address.

Keep in mind that the print vendors will be taking the same holidays as everyone else in the UK (Christmas, Boxing Day, New Years Day, etc.), but I am confident your book will ship in time to arrive by your deadline.

You will receive an email when the order ships that includes a tracking number so that you can follow its progress as it makes its way to your home.

• You mentioned replying to the automated email but it doesnt state that I have to do that in the email itself. What reply am I meant to send?

• You do not have to reply to the automatic email.

Some time ago, we used auto-reply emails that required a response from the user. We discontinued that process early last year.

The auto-response we now send, only confirms that we received your support request.

• Oh okay... I was starting to worry that it had not been accepted or received. Is there anyway of getting an update I still haven't heard anything?
  • The only information I have is that the UK printer has quite a backlog of orders. The fulfillment team has requested that all orders over 6 days old be moved to the front of the print queue. They are also expecting a large shipment of orders to go out today from our printers who worked over the weekend.

Hopefully, yours will be included, but you shouldn't worry. I am confident your shipment will arrive in time.