TABLE OF CONTENTS

How do I create a Lulu account?

When you sign up for a Lulu account, you can create projects for self-publishing, save your preferred shipping and billing information, and choose the types of notifications you are most interested in receiving.

To create a Lulu account:

1. Click the profile icon in the upper right corner of the page and click Register.
  2. Enter your first and last name, a valid email address (this will be your sign-in ID), your preferred currency, your preferred language, and a password you will remember.
  3. Confirm your password to make sure you entered it correctly.
  4. Let us know you are a human by clicking in the reCAPTCHA box.
  5. Read the Lulu Terms and Conditions, then click the check box to accept them.
  6. If you would like to receive Lulu coupons, announcements, news, and updates, let us know by clicking in the check box. You may change this selection at any time in the future by clicking on your user name, selecting My Account, and editing your marketing preferences.
  7. Click Register to create your account.
  8. To complete the process, you must confirm your email address. Go to your inbox, locate the confirmation email, and click the button to confirm your account.
  9. Upon confirming your email address, you will be signed in and returned to the Lulu.com homepage.

Personal information is stored in our secure database. We will not share it with third parties except under limited and necessary circumstances. Read Lulu's Privacy Policy to learn more.

Why do I have to give my email address to use Lulu?

Your email address is unique and is easy for you to remember. It is also your Lulu sign-in ID and will only be used to keep your publishing projects secure and to send you order confirmation when you make purchases. Used with a Lulu password, your email also speeds check out.

What should my password be?

When you create a password, pick something that is easy for you to remember, but difficult for others to guess. A mix of upper- and lower-case letters and numbers is considered a good password.

• Your password must be at least 6 characters and cannot contain any spaces. We suggest you use a combination of letters and numbers.
  • You can use some special characters (such as & # or _ ). You may not use < or >.
  • Passwords are case sensitive; for example, "SIGNINID," "SigninID," and "signinid" are not the same.

How do I change my Login Data?

Your Login Data is your email address and the password you entered when creating your Lulu Account.

To change your email address or password:

1. Sign in to your Lulu Account with your current email and password.
  2. Click on your Name > Account Settings > Click Update Sign In Information under Login Data or Click My Account > Account Settings > Update Sign In Information under Login Data.

How do I cancel my account?

Cancelling your account is a permanent, irreversible action. Purchases you downloaded such as ebooks will no longer be available to download from your account. If you have published downloadable content that has been purchased, that content will be removed from the Lulu Bookstore and will no longer be available for purchase; however, a copy will remain on our servers so that previous buyers can continue to download it from their Lulu account. Please, review our Privacy Policy for more information about how Lulu collects and uses your Data.

Please Note: If you have published projects in your Lulu account, your projects will be retired. If your books are sold through Lulu’s Global Distribution network, we will notify retail sites to discontinue sales of your books.

Lulu reserves the right to continue supplying ebooks you made available for download to purchasers who bought them prior to the cancellation of your account.

To cancel your account at this time, log in to your account and go to My Account > Account Settings. Click on Cancel Your Account. Confirm by clicking on Cancel My Account. If you have changed your mind, click on Keep My Account.

What should I do if I receive spam from a Lulu account or suspect other abuse of a Lulu account?

If a Lulu account sends you spam or if at any time you suspect someone is abusing a Lulu account, please bring this behavior to our attention using our Email Support Form.

Some examples of account abuse include the following:

• Someone accessing your account without your permission
  • Sending spam with links to Lulu storefronts or products

How do I change email settings
for Lulu communications?

There are two ways to change your email marketing preferences.

To change your email marketing options:

1. Sign into your Lulu.com account with your email address and password.
  2. Go to My Account > Account Settings >  Scroll to Marketing Preferences or Click your User Name > Account Settings > Scroll to Marketing Preferences
  3. Select or deselect the boxes next to the notifications you wish to receive.
  4. Marketing and Promotional Emails: Select this option if you wish to receive any marketing or promotional information, including discounts
  5. Lulu Newsletter: Select this option if you would like Lulu's Newsletter that features publishing and writing news, author spotlights, and other information from Lulu.
  6. Click Save Changes.

What is a Lulu Guest?

A Lulu Guest is an unregistered user. Unregistered users can access the Lulu.com site, browse the marketplace, purchase print books and ebooks, read the Lulu Knowledge Base articles, watch videos, and browse the Lulu.com blog.

You must create a Lulu account and be logged in before you can create, edit, manage or publish a project. Users must also be logged in before they can purchase an ebook.

Who do I contact regarding deceased account holders?

Please submit a ticket to the Customer Support team and attach the form found at the bottom of this article.

Why was my account disabled?

If your account was disabled or removed, the material you uploaded to Lulu was in blatant disregard of our Member Agreement. Lulu only permits distribution of your own work or work that the owner specifically granted you permission to use. Lulu will delete your content from the system if it is found to violate our Member Agreement.

For more information, see the Lulu Terms & Conditions.

How do I contact Lulu?

To report an issue any time of day, scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Help Center > Contact Support. Complete the form and click Submit. For the fastest response, please take a moment to select a Contact Reason that most closely matches your support request.

If you are a DIY author, click Knowledge Base in the Help Center for quick links to our knowledge base, videos, and user guides addressing a variety of common questions and topics related to publishing, buying, selling, and more.

When will I receive a response from a support email?

Support requests are addressed in the order in which they are received. You should receive a confirmation email within minutes of submitting your support request.

To prevent support emails from being redirected to your email spam folder, add "Lulu Support" to your spam filter white-list.

Please Note: Our goal is to respond to all support requests within 2-4 business days. Due to increased growth and higher volumes of requests at certain times of the year, you may experience longer wait periods for resolution to your issue. We apologize for any inconvenience and assure you that your issue will be handled as quickly as possible with the utmost care.

I replied to a Lulu Support email.
Why haven't I received a response?

If you submitted a support email to Lulu and didn't receive an auto-response acknowledging receipt of your request, your email provider is probably blocking emails from Lulu.

There are several reasons your email provider may block Lulu emails: Lulu emails may be marked as spam, your internet service provider (ISP) may be blocking them, or your network firewall may have Lulu.com blacklisted. Please check your email settings or contact your ISP representative to find out why you are not receiving our emails.

To prevent emails from the Lulu support team from being sent to your spam folder, add "Lulu Support" to your spam filter whitelist.