Bringing your own ISBN Agreement
By assigning your own ISBN to your title you are agreeing to the terms below:
- By assigning your ISBN, you acknowledge that you have reviewed and agree to the U.S. ISBN Agency terms and conditions listed below
- An ISBN will be assigned to this title and the publisher name that you have provided will be listed as the publisher in all bibliographic feeds.
- Lulu will function as an agent providing distribution services.
- You will be responsible for any orders you place or cause to be placed with retailers for this title.
- You may request your book be removed from distribution at any time. After such request, Lulu will start the process of withdrawing your book from availability in retail channels. It may take 6-8 weeks or longer for your listing to be completely removed. In certain channels, removal of your title may not be possible.
- Lulu, on behalf of you, the publisher, will be the sole source of bibliographic data on your book. Lulu will feed data to the U.S. ISBN Agency as well as to Bowker's Books In Print ® and other industry databases. The data will identify you as the publisher.
- You agree to purchase a copy of your book for review prior to approving the first copy as well as any future revised copies.
- You agree to set your Lulu Marketplace price equal to or greater than your Lulu Retail price.
- You may not make available to the public a duplicate project with a lower Lulu Marketplace price while the original is active in Distribution.
- Your book's initial Retail Royalty will be set at approximately $4.00; you may change this at any time prior to approving the book.
- You accept that any changes made to the book or the book data after approving it for global distribution may incur a revision fee. You will not be allowed to make changes before purchasing this revision.
U.S. ISBN Agency's (R.R. Bowker) Terms and Conditions
Current as of July 1, 2006
R.R. BOWKER, THE UNITED STATES ISBN AGENCY
ISBN TERMS AND CONDITIONS
R.R. Bowker LLC ("Bowker"), a Delaware limited liability company, is the exclusive ISBN Registration Agency for the United States, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam and Puerto Rico. Operating under a grant from the International ISBN Agency, Bowker has the exclusive right to assign ISBN prefixes and ISBNs to publishers located in the United States, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam and Puerto Rico.
By registering with Bowker and completing an ISBN Application, Registrant agrees as follows:
- Registrant hereby certifies that it is a publisher. A publisher is a person or firm whose business is the publishing of books or other publications to which an ISBN can be assigned, and includes e-book publishers, audio cassette and video producers, software producers and museums and associations with publishing programs.
- Registrant will only assign ISBNs to publications to which it holds publishing rights.
- Registrant will not sell, license, distribute, disseminate, assign or otherwise make its assigned ISBN prefix and ISBNs available to other publishers or to any third parties.
- Registrant agrees to follow the International ISBN Standards for use of ISBNs. The International ISBN Standards are available at the US ISBN Agency website located at http://www.isbn.org and at the International ISBN website located at http://www.isbn-international.org.
By issuing ISBN prefixes and ISBNs to Registrant, Bowker agrees as follows:
- Bowker hereby warrants that it has the full right, power and authority to assign ISBN prefixes and ISBNs to publishers located in the United States, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam and Puerto Rico.
- Bowker hereby warrants that the ISBNs it assigns to Registrant will conform to current International ISBN Agency and International Standards Organization ("ISO") specifications and are fit for the particular purpose of identifying publications pursuant to the recognized ISO standard.
- EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, BOWKER MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.
- BOWKER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO REGISTRANT FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY RESULTING FROM ANY USE OF ISBN PREFIXES OR ISBNS BY REGISTRANT OR OTHER PARTIES. BOWKER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO REGISTRANT FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE FORESEEABLE, WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE DEEMED TO RESULT FROM THE FAILURE OR INADEQUACY OF ANY EXCLUSIVE OR OTHER REMEDY OR WHETHER BOWKER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Please contact the US ISBN Agency at [email protected] if you have questions about these terms and conditions or the ISBN standards.
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey excluding its conflicts of laws principles. The venue for any litigation arising out of these terms and conditions shall be the state or federal courts located within the State of New Jersey, U.S.A.