Looking For Writer Buddy

I am working on a series of books, that I hope will be published. It's an Action-Adventure/Western. The basic idea is cross between "Have Gun - Will Travel" meets "Indiana Jones" meets "Quigley Down Under" with a dash of serials for good measures.

This is what I need help with. I am not wanting someone to write it for me. I just would like for someone to help me with it. Like bouncing ideas off of each other such as plot ideas, character names, and research information. I would be willing to share it if it gets published -- say 50/50. I have no reason to lie to anyone. Must be willing to work with a wannabe writer (myself). Who has some experience with writing fiction especially in Westerns and Adventure stories. Must be trustworthy. Only apply if your serious in wanting to work with me. Thank you, will be waiting to hear from you.

Ten

Comments

• Ten.

Are you planning on self-publishing through this site? I presume you are as you're posting here.
    Western/adventure is not my chosen genre however I have a little skill in it.

If you are interested in my help I would be willing to give any advice that I can. I'm pretty good at the whole research thing...
    I have no problem working with newcomers as I am a newcomer to printing myself. Due to the fact that I also write, if you would like my help we would have to organize a division of time. But that would come further down the line.
    Just let me know if I can help.

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/EmmaLRuthvenStevenson
    http://eruthvenstevenson.com/

• This is not unusual, and generaly fruitful. I wish you to find the right partner.

There is also the case when an author has a small staff of researchers to document him. A famous one was Alexandre Dumas (The Three Musketeers).

• I have no idea what you just said.

• Ma'am, I do not wish to self-publish, I do not have any money. I am brand-new here I have never heard of this site before. I was looking for forums where I could go and ask questions and hoped to get them answered. But yes ma'am, if your still interested you can e-mail me at [email protected]

I have to be honest with you straight-up, ma'am I have never published anything in my life. This is why I am seeking a writer buddy. As I said, I am not expecting or wanting a ghostwriter (been searching for that, which is a lost cause). The whole purpose behind me looking for a writing buddy is so I can learn the traite well and learn to develop characters. I have notes but that is about it. Just notes. No actual writing. Do not know how many pages or books their should be in my series that I wish to write. Also how much are you going to charge? Please do not be offended when I ask this. Again, I surely hope you are really wanting to help me with this project.

Ten

• Ten wrote:

Ma'am, I do not wish to self-publish, I do not have any money. I am brand-new here I have never heard of this site before. I was looking for forums where I could go and ask questions and hoped to get them answered. But yes ma'am, if your still interested you can e-mail me at [email protected]

I have to be honest with you straight-up, ma'am I have never published anything in my life. This is why I am seeking a writer buddy. As I said, I am not expecting or wanting a ghostwriter (been searching for that, which is a lost cause). The whole purpose behind me looking for a writing buddy is so I can learn the traite well and learn to develop characters. I have notes but that is about it. Just notes. No actual writing. Do not know how many pages or books their should be in my series that I wish to write. Also how much are you going to charge? Please do not be offended when I ask this. Again, I surely hope you are really wanting to help me with this project.

Ten

Self-publishing doesn't cost you anything. You can write your book, create and design it and upload it to Lulu. The only cost to you is if you order a physical copy.

You have mentioned several times that you have books in mind...so you must have some idea of getting them published.

These forums---especially Author Workshop---are a great place to get criticism and help with your writing. 

If you are inexperienced at writing or have not written before, the very best way for you to learn is to just sit down and start putting words on paper. That's pretty much how every writer has gotten their start in the craft. You can post what you've written in Author Workshop and there are any number of people here who would be glad to help steer you in the right direction.

Looking for someone to collaborate with you is not a bad idea, though I can think of a couple of hurdles. The first, of course, is that it is unclear just how much work you expect your co-author to do. If all you are providing are ideas, than a 50-50 split doesn't sound very fair. You are also hoping that someone who may be a capable writer would prefer working with you against a share of possible future royalties when they could instead be writing entirely for themselves. But these are things you can always work out between you and whoever may want to partner with you.

This is why I hate going to forums. Because no matter what I say everyone is always either making smart remarks. Other people get on here and get help. But never me. I said I had ideas for books, as in plot ideas. Have no previous experience what so ever in the writing field. Never said I was an existing writer. Nobody ever reads everything I wrote in these forums. I never said I wanted a co-writer. I said I was looking for someone who I could correspond with, like bouncing off ideas and the whatnot. I even stated that I was not looking for a ghostwriter. If I were, why the devil would I be here asking for someone to write with me. The reply that starts off with ma'am was suppose to have been private. I hit the reply button by mistake.

Course nobody on this site or anyone in the world ever does that -- makes mistakes that is. I an't trying to cheat nobody. I have never cheated anybody. Have no plans of cheating anybody. I an't like everybody in the world. I try to be honest and good-natured toward everybody. One more thing, why do people read forums if people don't like what is being written in the forums to begin with. I would have preferred you to not answered it a'tall like so many people has done in the past.

Ten

• Ten a écrit :

I never said I wanted a co-writer. I said I was looking for someone who I could correspond with, like bouncing off ideas and the whatnot. I even stated that I was not looking for a ghostwriter.

Why would any writer accept to be the "writer buddy" of someone who has never written a book in his life? You should look for someone like you to exchange ideas on plots, characters, etc. Perhaps, you don't even need to write a book to be happy with it. On the other hand, why don't you just follow Ron Miller's advice - sit down and start writing - and come back when you have something to talk about.

• I have no idea what you just said.

That is a worry ...

• This is why I hate going to forums. Because no matter what I say everyone is always either making smart remarks.

Possibly from smart people? One has to accept that if you ask for help. Why ask otherwise? I don't see any 'smart' remarks in here, using your meaning of the word.

Other people get on here and get help. But never me.

You are getting help, but perhaps not what you wanted? But you puzzle me. Supposedly you are a new member here with your OP being your first posting, and yet it sounds as if you are not new to Lulu's forums.

I said I had ideas for books, as in plot ideas. Have no previous experience what so ever in the writing field.

Surely you had to write at school? That's writing experience.

Never said I was an existing writer. Nobody ever reads everything I wrote in these forums.

There you go again. This forum?

I never said I wanted a co-writer.

That is more or less what you are asking for, otherwise what purpose would the type of help you are requesting serve?

I said I was looking for someone who I could correspond with, like bouncing off ideas and the whatnot.

Which would involve each of you sharing in the writing of at least a draft, a bit at a time.

I even stated that I was not looking for a ghostwriter. If I were, why the devil would I be here asking for someone to write with me.

But you keep saying you don't want someone to write with you.

The reply that starts off with ma'am was suppose to have been private. I hit the reply button by mistake.

But there's no PM tool directly attached to the forums.

Course nobody on this site or anyone in the world ever does that -- makes mistakes that is.

That's because it's not possible, and how did you know it was a female?

I an't trying to cheat nobody. I have never cheated anybody. Have no plans of cheating anybody.

Huh?

I an't like everybody in the world. I try to be honest and good-natured toward everybody.

Sorry, but what are you on about?

One more thing, why do people read forums if people don't like what is being written in the forums to begin with.

I have no idea why people like you do   Smiley Happy

I would have preferred you to not answered it a'tall like so many people has done in the past.

Huh? (Part two).

What you have are ideas. That's how it all starts. Write them down. That's the start of writing  a story.

May I ask your age?

• Hell ya! I would go for that. I write and love to read. So run me back a message and send me what you want. Ideas, I have, in plenty. I'm also a history buff so depending on how close to historical accuracy you want I can do that too.

• Hello:

This is Ten, I had to rejoin because I plumb forgot my log in name and password. If you are serious about wanting to discuss my idea, then I will be glad to speak with you about it? My e-mail is [email protected]

Much oblige for replying to my ad.

Ten/Timben