Lulu Bookstore FAQ
How do I browse and search content on Lulu?
Click Shop in the navigation bar to browse our vast directory of Books (including eBooks), Calendars and Services.
From here you can browse books by categories like Arts & Photography, Cooking, History, and Humor. You can also Browse Calendars or Lulu Services by clicking 'Other Products' under 'Books'.
This page also displays new books on Lulu in the center of the page, and the 'Top 10 this Week' on the right hand side of the page.
When you find something interesting, click the title to show the product detail page, which provides more information about the work, including its availability, price and often a preview provided by the creator. Click the creator's name or 'View this Author's Spotlight' to see other works by that person.
When looking for a specific book or subject, use the Search function at the top of every page. Type in the title, keyword, author, etc. and select the product type (Book, eBook, Calendar, etc.) desired. Click the blue 'Go' button and a page of results will display. On the search results page you can also expand your search by clicking the links below the blue bar to add more search filters as you need them. Filter searches by:
- Title and/or Creator – If you know the exact title or author name you know what to do…
- Rating - Many Lulu books have ratings and reviews added by our customers; this filter will allow you to select items that have specific levels, or even to search for content with no review so far…
- Language (and/or country of publication) – By default our Search will generate first all books specified in the language you have selected for your Lulu.com site and then books in other languges. If you do not see the book you're looking for you can narrow your options by clicking to select a different language.
- Date – Want to find something that’s new or newly revised? Use the date filter to find projects that have been published in a variety of periods. Revision date means an existing project that has been changed after initial publication.
How does Lulu make recommendations?
Recommendations help customers find more products that might interest them; Lulu provides recommendations on most product detail pages.
- In order for an item to be recommended on another product's page, the items must have been purchased together at least twice.
- Recommendations are a random selection of 3 of the top 5 products most purchased at the same time as the one being viewed.
- Content owners can limit a work's possible buying public; Lulu never includes Private or Direct Access in recommendations.
Product owners can show or hide recommendations for a work by logging in, navigating to the product detail page, and clicking "Show All" or "Hide" next to Recommendations.
Why can't I see the content I'm looking for?
If the creator has the content Access Level set to Private or Direct Access, you can neither search for nor view the content. If you know the creator, you can contact him or her directly to request access.