ABOUT DISTRIBUTION AN e-book IN AMAZON OR OTHER CHANNELS

From my experience until now, trying create and publish my e-book, I learn the follow. 

When I want to choose to distribute my e-book from Lulu Bookstore, Apple iBookstore, Barnes & Noble NOOK, Kobo and Everything Else, means that I can't choose Amazon kindle.

In Amazon section has the follow message:                

Your work is ineligible for this channel for the following reasons:

• You indicated that this eBook is already available for purchase on Amazon, which makes it ineligible for distribution to Amazon through Lulu. Revise your book

That means, that if I want to distribute my e-book in Amazon, I must unmark the other channels and mark the Amazon kindle.

This choise makes me trouble, because I must make an account to Amazon and upload my e-book to Amazon with Amazon's ISBN!

When I make the whole process in Amazon, I return in Lulu and mark the Amazon channel.

If I unmark the Lulu Bookstore, Apple iBookstore, Barnes & Noble NOOK, Kobo and Everything Else channels, means that I retire my e-book from Lulu and if I change my mind, I have to revise my e-book to Lulu with a new ISBN and do the whole process from the beginning!

These I learn until now!

Comments

• You had probably, at some point in the past, said that your book was already available on Kindle. For this reason you now cannot enable its distribution via Lulu.

Click on the Help button, top right, raise a ticket and ask Lulu Support to allow you to select Kindle for distribution as well as all the others.

A citizen of the world.

• I wanted to make a kindle book, but when I found out that I need to take a new ISBN from Amazon I didn't do anything. But I had unmarked the other distribution channels in Lulu and now I make the whole process from the beginning like I upload a new book.
  • You can simply add the ISBN in your epub and select "Sell everywhere" and add your ISBN to your project as well when you revise.

A citizen of the world.

• Efie

Please forget what you think you have learned as it is incorrect. The process is far simpler than you make it out to be.

Starting from scratch:

Create your ebook with a free ISBN from Lulu. Select all the channels you want your book to be distributed to, including Kindle.

Answer NO to the question ‘Is your book available on Amazon’ even if a print book of the same title is available on Amazon because you a creating an ebook and it is not yet available on Kindle. The question really should read ‘Is your book available on Kindle?’

Accept the terms and conditions and your book will be distributed to all the channels you selected.

To correct your current problem:

Contact Lulu support and they will rest the Kindle option. Click on My Lulu and then Manage and select the Kindle option again.

• Dan is correct, but note that Amazon do not use ISBNs, so you will not need another to get an e-book on to Amazon via Lulu.

• Kevin

Don't forget that the distribution from Lulu to Kindle is via Ingrams so you will need an ISBN.

The only times you won't need an ISBN are if you sell only on Lulu or you publish your books directly on Kindle and bypass Lulu and Ingrams altogether..

• Don't forget that the distribution from Lulu to Kindle is via Ingrams so you will need an ISBN.

The only times you won't need an ISBN are if you sell only on Lulu or you publish your books directly on Kindle and bypass Lulu and Ingrams altogether..

I did not forget that  Smiley Happy

But on Lulu it only needs 1 ISBN even if you click all the Dist options, including Amazon, but Amazon do not use it so the ISBN will not apply on there. It's possibly even removed from the pages, as is any TOC. Smiley Surprised

As some one said, the OP was making it too complex a problem regarding ISBNs etc.

I placed my own e-books on to Amazon via Kindle Direct and instead of the ISBN as seen in my 'Lulu' ePubs I put 1st Kindle Edition on the Copyright pages because I did not know the ASIN at that time. On each Amazon page for my Kindle books is that Amazon ASIN, but it's no where within the Kindle book, and Amazon don't seem to care.

Interesting it also says Published By Out Of My Mind (me) there and not by Kindle Direct. I like that. Smiley Happy Lulu take note.

• Hello Efie

I have reset your Amazon Kindle status. You may now select that distribution channel by clicking on the Manage button next to the eBook title.

• Glenn hi!!
    I try to select the amazon kindle distribution channel but I have the following message!
    Your work is ineligible for this channel for the following reasons:
    You indicated that this eBook is already available for purchase on Amazon, which makes it ineligible for distribution to Amazon through Lulu.
    Revise your book
    Is because amazon distribute my print book?
    http://www.amazon.com/Legatees-Book-1-Jacques/dp/1300833548/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1410201271&sr=1-1&keywords=jolly+hatz
  • Accidently clicked on "yes' when I meant "no" this "ebook" is not being sold on Amazon/Kindle yet.

How can we get this reset to so it can be dsitributed through Amazon?