How do I add the ISBN Barcode to Paperback book?

I have got the free Lulu ISBN Barcode while creating the ebook verson of my book, later when I created a new project for paperback I didn't get the screen to add the ISBN number (or maybe I missed it). Now the back cover of the book displays a barcode that is different from the ISBN barcode. How can I update it with the ISBN? I also can not see the ISBN number below Paperback book in my project list as it is there with eBook version. 

* I have tried to revise the project but everytime the screen for ISBN doesn't show up.* 

This is my project list, the first one is for Paperback copy.

Project List.jpg

This is the barcode at the back cover of Paperback book-

Simple Barcode.jpg

This is ISBN barcode -

ISBN Barcode.jpg

Comments

• If you started a new project to do paperbook, there would have been a page that asked if you wanted the free ISBN. You have to have a different one from the ebook number. If you chose to get it then when you get to the paperback cover wizard it would have added it by itself. You have to have a separate number for each book. You could delete the paperback project and start it over. After the title and author metadata the next page will ask if you want the free number, click that and see the number then add it to your document. Upload that version of it. The cover wizard will add it unless you've uploaded a cover you made yourself in which you'll have to add the number to it.

• Hi, I have a similar but, at the same time, different problem.

I asked to Lulu inc. for an ISBN number and the bar code for a potential book the 12th November 2012. They sent me the ISBN 978-1-291-19243-8, ID contenido: 13380279 and barcode in a pdf attached to the email. Now (2 years later), I have created my book, but I could not add this isbn in the option that appears as "Add an ISBN you already own". I have tried to fill all the gaps, but I am not sure which is the information that should be written. After several failed attempts, I have created my book and Lulu have assignted to it a different ISBN number 580-0-109 -5015-8. But I prefer the first one. How can I proceed? I really appreciate a quick response. Thank you.

Pd: just in case it may influence somehow, first I created my account with Lulu spain, but then I have changed my preference to English-USA.

• Hi, I have a similar but, at the same time, different problem.

I asked to Lulu inc. for an ISBN number and the bar code for a potential book the 12th November 2012.

I am not sure what you mean because you do not ask Lulu now, they are automatic and free within a Project that can have Distribution.

They sent me the ISBN 978-1-291-19243-8, ID contenido: 13380279 and barcode in a pdf attached to the email. Now (2 years later),

Why did you get an ISBN so far in advance? Do you mean Content No 13380279? I think Lulu started to delete Projects they considered to be dormant. In fact I think they always did if a Draft was not updated within periods of 21 days.

I have created my book, but I could not add this isbn in the option that appears as "Add an ISBN you already own". I have tried to fill all the gaps,

Perhaps they have a Use By date? But I only use Lulu's free auto-created ISBNs that pop-up in the Wizards, so I don't know about the Add your own option. Do you not have to register it with Lulu first? As I say, perhaps it's now passed its Use By date?

but I am not sure which is the information that should be written. After several failed attempts, I have created my book and Lulu have assignted to it a different ISBN number 580-0-109 -5015-8. But I prefer the first one. How can I proceed? I really appreciate a quick response. Thank you.

The only difference as I see it with a free Lulu ISBN and any other is that one registers you as the publisher and the free Lulu ones register Lulu as the publisher, in principle, but apart from that I don't think it now makes any difference to Dist.

Pd: just in case it may influence somehow, first I created my account with Lulu spain, but then I have changed my preference to English-USA.

I am not sure that would make a difference because ISBNs are worldwide and I am sure Lulu's Wizards are the same no matter what country you are logged in as. But you can always click back to being 'on' Spain.

To be frank I think you need to email Lulu Help about this, but don't expect a fast reply.

• Thank you, I will try to find the email of LuluHelp

• It's the Support link at the top right of most pages  >>   http://www.lulu.com/support