Strange!

HULSEYHULSEY UK Publisher

Very strange indeed. When I paste my e-book to Facebook or anywhere else, the description changes to French, even though it is in English on Lulu. Help anyone?

Comments

• oncewasoncewas Librarian

Quick, gimme the link! The French Kindle store is the only one where my books are not being downloaded. I could get my books translated into French with this magic application. Smiley HappySmiley Happy

I copied the URL of a couple of your books into Word and they work fine. Are you able to provide the mysterious link?

• HULSEYHULSEY UK Publisher

Now it's showing in English, but French when I post on Facebook. Doh!

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

How about a screenshot of the French?

A citizen of the world.

• HULSEYHULSEY UK Publisher

Here is a link to my FB author page. The book is at the top and the description in French.

https://www.facebook.com/HULSEY33?ref_type=bookmark

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

Everything on your page is in English. And incidentally you have a creepy ad sliding across your page. Not a good idea. I've been the object of hacking, superfish adware, malware, whatever, almost impossible to get rid of, so when I saw that bizarre moving slider I just wanted to get out of there. Other potential buyers might feel the same way.

Plus, no French so I feel I went for nothing. Now I'm just worried.

A citizen of the world.

• Same thing happened to me!  October 30, 2015.  Pasted the URL to facebook and it shows up in French!  Since I'm using Chrome it offered to translate for me which I did.   This is very strange indeed!  None of my other URLs have done this.

LT

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Facebook is remarkably intrusive and is able to capture a page's Source Code of anything relevant to what it thinks you wish to display there. Perhaps Lulu stores our pages in all the languages it's possible to view Lulu in and Facebook sometimes grabs the wrong bit?  Smiley Surprised But no because I have just looked!   45 résultats pour la recherche « anthony hulse » 

(Gosh! Is Anglefire still around?!)