We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

Editing my project

How on earth do I edit or add to work that I have saved ?. I cannot see a link that says Edit and everything else keeps bringing me back to the upload page.

Comments

• Hello KLM1

You edit your manuscript on your computer, then you simply reupload the revised version.

• I'm  sorry for appearing thick, its my first time . I thought I could type straight on to the template, save and then come back to it later. But I have to upload it, is this correct ? So everytime I want to change something, I have to change it on my original manuscript and then upload the new revised version ?

Thanks again for your help.

• Exactly!

You've got it.

• RazvanRazvan Writer

Hello all!

So i have a question: I managed to finish my book and publish it here, but the thing is i want to change the cover and i dont know how, can i even do it?

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Via Revise.

If you have only created it using all you find in the Cover Wizard then just edit it there. If you have uploaded images to use then they will have to be edited on your PC and uploaded to the Cover Wizard.

Take heed that if this is a book already Approved and published with an ISBN then you need to redo it as another Project with a new ISBN and delete the older Project.

• Hi guys, so i did some changes to my book (title and cover), but i have a question, do i need another isbn?

Let me enter more into detail: so at my projects i clicked on revise and i did the changes i mentioned earlier, but i recieved the same isbn i had before. What should I do, delete my project and start a new one, or keep the same isbn?

You will get the same ISBN if you are Revising the same Project, but the point is, has it previously been Approved and published to the great wide world? If so then if you have made major changes it should have been done via a New Project and the older one Withdrawn. A New Project will give you a new ISBN.

• I started the process of revising a project and I want to cancel the revision. My book has already been accepted and I'm afraid to revise now so I want to cancel. The revised project has not been uploaded yet.

KLM1 wrote:

How on earth do I edit or add to work that I have saved ?. I cannot see a link that says Edit and everything else keeps bringing me back to the upload page.

• I uploaded my formatted book material and in order to review the pages I needed to click on print ready. Every page was uploaded perfectly except for two abutting pages. The text was not lined-up properly and this resulted in the book numbering pages out of sequence and added one more page to my book. I deleted the project, started all over again, including getting a second ISBN number, the same thing happen all over. My format and the text and pictures on my document looks fine. But each time I download it to Lulu these two pages do not line up properly. I wish I could simply edit these two pages. All it would take is to move the lines up 2 - 3 lines. It would then be perfect. I don't understand why I can't fix this?

You should have posted this as a New Message.

I uploaded my formatted book material and in order to review the pages I needed to click on print ready. Every page was uploaded perfectly except for two abutting pages.

Are you saying you uploaded a page at a time? If so it's best to create them as one document and upload that one document.

The text was not lined-up properly

There's no reason for that to happen unless that is how they are on your pages. It's the upper and lower margin settings, plus Headers and Footers that dictate where the lines go, and they should be the same setting on every page.

and this resulted in the book numbering pages out of sequence

With what? A TOC?

and added one more page to my book.

Are you sure you uploaded the right shape and size of pages to match what you had picked as a Project?

I deleted the project, started all over again, including getting a second ISBN number, the same thing happen all over. My format and the text and pictures on my document looks fine. But each time I download it to Lulu these two pages do not line up properly. I wish I could simply edit these two pages. All it would take is to move the lines up 2 - 3 lines. It would then be perfect. I don't understand why I can't fix this?

Are you using too many Carriage returns? Perhaps instead of Page Breaks? New Page.

Also try changing the Paragraph settings >  Line and Page Breaks. Unclick every option in that section.