Editing

I apologize for this question but this is a real learning experience for an old man.  I've uploaded files and started a project but found typos and space errors in the original file on my computer.  Do I delete my uploaded files, delete the project or what do I do to edit my errors that I should have caught before uploading...

Thank you very much

Comments

• It depends on what stage you are at.

Have you noticed them in the Print Ready PDF the Wizard creates?

Have you noticed them in a Proof you ordered?

Have you Approved that Proof?

Anyway, If you are only at the pre-Approve option or as far back as the Create PR PDF section (pages) just edit the text in the original file on your PC. Treble check it. Head back in to the Project via Revise. Delete the older file in the Upload pages file section. Upload the newer file. Continue.

• Thank you so much.  I'll give that a try.  I appreciate your answer and time.  I'll get it right one of these days.

• Just correct the mistakes, and convert the new file to PDF.

Enter your project. Make a revision. Delete the wrong file at the bottom of the Lulu page when you are at the text stage, and upload the corrected PDF file.

Order a proof copy.

• To all of you trying to figure out how to edit your project, here are the directions I received when I was in communication with customer care at Lulu....this is the email instructions I received. It worked for me, I'm sure it will work for you, also. I tried to upload a copy of the email, but it was too blurred to read, so here's the shorthand version:

Sign on > My Projects > My files > will see Word Document as file - click little folder icon to open.

Revise/edit manuscript on your computer, then "revise" your project and replace old file w/new one.

To upload file to your project, log into your Lulu.com accoutn & go to My Projects" Select 'revise' button next to project. This takes you to project details page. Click "Create New Revision" at top of page. Publishing wizard opens allowing you to edit your porject.

In pub wizard click "Save and Continue" on each step until you arrive at the file upload step (Files). You'll see previously uploaded manuscript file. (If you don't have a copy of manuscript saved on your computer, you can download this file & make necessary changes to it here). Once ready to upload newly revised doc, delete old version by clicking the red X next to file name then upload new file.

Proceed through remaining steps, saving as you go & checking to make sure everything looks accurate. Continue through wizard until you reach the Review stage. Carefully verify all details of your revision at this point and download the print-ready files by clicking on the white page icon with the green arrow next to the file names to review them. Once you are satisfied that everything is in order, click Save & Continue until you get to the 'Congratulations' screen.

Hope this is helpful to everyone. I was in such a qandary about how to edit my project, then remembered that email and thank goodness I saved it as new because I've not found a way to Lulu help in person after this email. Good luck to each and every one reading my comment.