Retire book from Amazon

Hello,

Can someone please tell me how to retire a book from Amazon? I don't want to sell there anymore

Thanks

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Retire/Withdraw via your Projects list.

It will still remain listed at Amazon though, but as unavailable.

If you do that it will also do the same on all other sites including your Lulu Spotlight.

If you only want it on your Lulu Spotlight you will have to recreate it as a New Project with no ISBN.

May I ask why?

• Hello BorjaB

If it is an eBook you can simply click the Manage button next to the project title and deselect the option.

If it is a print book, you will need to submit a support case and request your book be removed only from the Amazon distribution channel. Your book will be removed from Amazon, but continue to be available for sale on other print book retail sites.

If it is a print book, you will need to submit a support case and request your book be removed only from the Amazon distribution channel. Your book will be removed from Amazon, but continue to be available for sale on other print book retail sites.

Ah, interesting. Instead of that, can Lulu not add the same kind of Distribution option tool to printed books as there is for ePubs?

Tick Here For Amazon []

Tick Here For Uncle Joe's Book Emporium []

• Thanks to both

So which answer is correct? It's a print book. So do I have to retire mi projet from LULU and creat a new one with a new ISBN or write Amazon to ask them for the withdrawal?

In both cases it's very unpractical...

I strongly dislike Amazon because of their policies and I don't want to be part of it

Thanks

• Kevin is only confusing the issue with his question.

To remove your print book from Amazon distribution, you must submit a support request.

Here is a link to the correct support category.

Please include the title you and product ID number for the project(s) you want to remove from Amazon distribution.

I thought it was a valid question to do with the subject.

• Well Amazon told me I have to ask LULU but they can also try to retire it...

Anyway, thank you very much

• Did you submit a request to Lulu support?

In this case, Amazon cannot retire the book until they receive the request through the Lulu distribution portal.

• Ok so one year after my book is still on Amazon (although not available) and there is no way they will delete it. I contacted them personally by mail, chat, and in 2 languages.

I will try to contact LULU support but I am afraid there is nothing they will do.

I just hope this message will let the others know that once you accept publishing your book on amazon, the book, your info, cover, names and the preview will never be deleted.

Try doing it from within Amazon by joining Amazon Author Central.

https://authorcentral.amazon.com/

• Thanks but this is useless, my book is removed and doesn't exist anymore. What a mafia

The reason retailers like Amazon keep them listed, but as unavailable, is that at the side of the book are other purchase options, such as other retailers who list on Amazon who may have new/old stock for sale, or used stock. It's a bit pointless with POD books, but not unheard of that places carry new/old stock or second-hand stock, but the software on Amazon is standardised.

• Thanks Kevin, Lulu support told me the same. There is nothing to do