completed paperback cover template ?

Greetings people - 1st post
I have a complete 6 x 9 paperback cover [back, spine, front] saved as jpg, png, & in PDF file.
Is there a lulu template I can overlay with the completed cover. I have the front & back templates
If I knew the right template size, I could make it, then center, overlay the cover and hopefully submit that completed form.
Thanks for your time and imput - I appreciate it.

Comments

• potetjppotetjp Professor

There is a Lulu file on dimensions and bleeds for all formats in the LEARN department.

• Let me rephrase this. I have already completed the cover [back, spine, front] 3975 x 2775 or 13.25 x 9.25 inches. I think it needs to be overlayed on stock paper [not sure what it's called] and these seem to vary depending on who is doing the final cut. For example it could be 19 inches x 13 inches with the outer portion being trimmed.

So, the question is, does lulu have a template for the completed cover or the dimentions of the "Stock size?" it overlays?

I will also need to know - where actually it needs to be centered

Thanks - it would saved me a lot of time

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

As already said, yes there are templates on Lulu somewhere for covers, how you place your images on to them is up to you.

But there are also templates in the Cover Wizards, of which there are four.

http://connect.lulu.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/tkb?location=board%3ACoverFormatting%40tkb&q=cover+templates

resonate a écrit :

So, the question is, does lulu have a template for the completed cover or the dimentions of the "Stock size?" it overlays?

I will also need to know - where actually it needs to be centered

So your one-piece cover is ready. Sorry.

All you have to do now is upload it and place it when you reach the cover-creation stage in your project. 

All I know is that for a front-cover picture, the Lulu automaton places it starting from the top left corner of the rectangle, with the result that the picture fills the rectangle and is centered on the center of the rectangle, then you can adjust its position by hand. I suppose it is the same for a one-piece cover. The bleeds to be trimmed off or wrapped over have to correspond to the peripheral frame in a different color from the reste of the template. You'll see, it's both obvious and easy.

• Thanks potetjp - that's just what I needed. As you know moving and centering a large image without coordinates is difficult. I downloaded the templates, but couldn't open the readme fill - no msword, I have wordperfect [old]. I finally found a pdf readme which helped. Also, I didn't want to commit to opening up the print novel without knowing what I was getting into. I hate glitches and don't want to be stopped in the middle of a product. A little more than you need to hear

I appreciate your time

I am sure I also said there are templates in the Wizards. Smiley Surprised

You are welcome, resonate.

I work with Wordperfect, too. I have MS-Word, but I find it very awkward. It's impossible to have the printing codes at the bottom of the screen. I wonder how so many people manage to create clean files without being able to check these codes. Quite possibly their files are full of invisible wrong items, some of which can cause glitches.

• wordperfect 10

tool bar view > reveal codes

After you open your novel text wpd. and open reveal codes, it will show about 6 to 8 lines of text and follow

as you scroll back and forth through the text. If you edit the text, it will show up on the 'reveal code' segment,

and yes, you can find the glitches and correct them.

edit - but it won't reveal "real in place of reveal" That happens after you get some sleep.

Yes, WordPerfect is regarded as the best semi-professional wordprocessor. My current version is WP X6.

• Kevin - credits = yes you did. Thx. Still navagating

Balckhawks/ Wild starts in 2 minutes

Yes, WordPerfect is regarded as the best semi-professional wordprocessor. My current version is WP X6.

Who by? Most semi and pros use Adobe products. Those who don't often use Word. Smiley Happy

• Where are the wizards? The templates I down loaded from LuLu are a single black page with dimensions and no tabs for edits.

• pollieMcd wrote:

Where are the wizards? The templates I down loaded from LuLu are a single black page with dimensions and no tabs for edits.

They are on the Create page.   http://www.lulu.com/create/books

I think they are Zip files that have to be unzipped.

But your should not be getting just a single black page, they are Word .doc files for the size of book you have chosen. A template of pages.

There are no tabs, in fact there is nothing to edit until you add text to the pages following the instructions. You can adjust the defaults though.