Creating Coupon code for customers?

I don't know if this is the proper place to ask, but here goes!  I would like to offer my existing customers from my mailing list a discount on the printed version of our book (I sell the PDFs directly through my site for a time before making them available anywhere else for sale).  I do not wish to discount the book for everyone who comes to Lulu.  Is there a way for me to create a coupon that is good only for my books?

Thanks!

Danita

Comments

• You can create an ebook (PDF) project with a Discount (click on green circle next to your project title), and set it to direct Access. Provide your clients with the link.

Otherwise, Lulu offers Coupon Codes from time to time, which you can look up and provide to your clients. You cannot generate one yourself, but  this feature may be available in the future.

• Yep - what Maggie said....

If you click on the Lulu icon on any page, it will open the Lulu Member Home Page. On it you will find this week's selection of coupons. Feel free to share these with your mailing list. For example, we are currently running a 20% off, sitewide sale for all English stores through March 31. The coupon code is WAFFLESSAY20.

Keep in mind that coupon codes are case-sensitive. We would appreciate if you would also include that in your mailing - otherwise the support team will be helping frustrated shoppers next week.

• Okay. Using the Lulu standard coupons will do for now, but it was not exactly what I'm looking for. I already sell the PDFs directly on my site, and really do not need to duplicate it here on Lulu for now. Just looking for a way to give additional value to members of our subscription site by allowing then to purchase the print book at a discount.

I think it would be a nice enhancement to allow publishers to create their own coupons. Maybe that will happen someday!

Thanks!

Danita
  • Oh, PS - I'm having a hard time finding out how a coupon discount affects the revenues on a book. Is the discount shared proportionally between Lulu and the publisher?

Thanks.

Danita
  • Okay. Using the Lulu standard coupons will do for now, but it was not exactly what I'm looking for.  I already sell the PDFs directly on my site, and really do not need to duplicate it here on Lulu for now. Just looking for a way to give additional value to members of our subscription site by allowing then to purchase the print book at a discount.

By the way described. Direct access means only the people you give the 'Lulu' link to can access a book's Spotlight page.

Granted you will have to recreate the book as another Project, but the files already exist in your My Files section of your My Lulu and can also be accessed via a Project Wizard. (Note that Direct Access cannot have ISBNs, but in this instance it does not matter).

Just set the Direct one at a lower price.

As to Lulu's own discounts (and any other retailer) they do not affect your royalties.

• Allowing authors to create coupons for their readers is one of our most requested enhancements. And, believe it or not, we are working on how to make this happen later this year along with improvements on in other areas to help authors sell more books.

Stay tuned!

• Ok, it is now later this year (2014 is almost over). PLEASE give custom coupon codes so I can create coupons for specific buyers. As ISBNs are imposrtan for college bookstores, I can't just create separate pages that only allow private access.

• Hello.

Did coupon codes for customers ever happen?

• Any chance of this ever happening? It's now March 2016 and that seems to me to be 'later' Smiley Wink ....

• Promises Promises   Smiley Very Happy

• Any sign of the coupon codes. It would be really helpful if I could create coupon codes for my customers

Best

Gerry

• As mentioned in a very recent posting, it will not happen.

• Come on.  Make it happen!