How to create a book cover using the new Lulu Cover Wizard

How can i choose the matt option for the cover of my book? I've just received a proof copy (with gloss cover finish) and i want to make a few changes, including the cover finish. Thanks.

Comments

• Matt is not an option - the covers are laminated with a gloss finish to protect them

• Matte dust jacket finishes are only available on hard cover books printed in the USA. We hope to expand this option to our other print vendors in the future.

• I've already published a book (6x9 trade) and want to use the newer cover wizard. But may I even make changes to the cover once the book is published (or make changes without republishing the book as a new version/edition)?

Also, is there a link so that I can review all the stock photos available in Lulu's new cover wizard library?

• Glenn_Lulu a écrit :

Matte dust jacket finishes are only available on hard cover books printed in the USA. We hope to expand this option to our other print vendors in the future.

Hardcover Crown Quarto without a jacket would be more useful.  Smiley Happy

• The newer Cover Wizard, which is no longer all that new, is the default one.

• Has Lulu added an option of matte (laminate) finish for perfect-bound soft-covers yet?

You stated in your last post on this in March of 2014 that you were looking into vendors that could provide this option.

Please see the attached images for comparison. I'm looking for the matte-laminate finish more like "Edible City" cover, and not glossy like the "Snapshots in Time" cover, which is pretty much the same finish that I received for my first proof of my self-published book from Lulu.

• Hi wolfcorgi,

We do not currently have the matte option for our hardcovers. It's still something we want to add, but I'm going to shy away from offering a definite time.
  • Ok Paul, but it seems you guys have had requests for this for a few years now. I think your customers would love it if you put a task force on this one! The Matte-Laminate would be worth the extra dollars that I know that I would pay to upgrade my soft-cover. Gloss looks so 25 years ago. Peace&Grease