Stuck on Content Creation Wizard

My tiny manuscript is stuck on the step that says

Please be patient, Lulu is making your print-ready file

And never finishes.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.

Comments

• Hi,

I'm having this issue too. Lulu keeps making the interior file, but hang down there. After 1 day it'll be fine, but comes back almost immediately.

Anyone else facing this issue?
  • I hope someone has some suggestions.  This is maddening.

• Woman FrustratedFirst time it's ever done that for me,having same issue maybe too many people trying to use it at once???

***Check out my books here***
    www.lulu.com/spotlight/sissarella
  • I'm having the same problems as you guys. I've tried to upload several different types of files and nothing is working for me. The orange bar goes up to maybe 5% and just hangs there. You're not alone. 

• I'm also having the same problem, been trying to make print ready file for 8 hours now and it is getting frustrating, but I'm glad I'm not the only one. It means it's not at my end. I've tried turning my computer off and on again, the internet off and on again, leaving it for a few hours, closing the window, not closing the window... Hopefully this problem is being addressed quickly...

• The problem is still continuing for me, has anyone else had any success with this and if so what did you do to resolve the problem?
  • I've faced this problem since around 3 weeks ago. The next day seems fine, but a while later it came back again. I don't even dare to upload a new version of my ebook now.

This probably is due to Lulu's server (I may be wrong). So I guess we all have to cross our fingers, hoping Lulu will do something about it.

• oncewasoncewas Librarian

Have you tried going one step back and going through the process again? That has usually worked for me when things have hung up.

• Have tried going back to the beginning, back one step, deleting the file and reuploading it (although it is the same file that I initially uploaded, I am just revising it with a few corrections), tried going back and then off of Lulu and then back on again and back to the stage to try again, and tried a variety of different browsers as well as trying leaving it alone processing for hours and turning my computer off and on again, and closing browsers and reopening them, and deleting temporary files and cookies... Nothing has worked yet.
  • oncewasoncewas Librarian

ban19878

In that case I can only suggest that you contact support as it sounds like somethig has gone awry. It must be very frustrating for you.

•  

There's a recent thread on the same subject -- seems that it is affecting some people but not others.

See The 'Making Your Print Ready File' meter is not moving below

I used it OK several times yesterday

I wonder if you uploaded a PDF with embedded fonts or a non-PDF file

• I have had the same problem for the last two days, even after restarting the entire process several times.

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Teacher

dan19878 wrote:
    Have tried going back to the beginning, back one step, deleting the file and reuploading it (although it is the same file that I initially uploaded, I am just revising it with a few corrections), tried going back and then off of Lulu and then back on again and back to the stage to try again, and tried a variety of different browsers as well as trying leaving it alone processing for hours and turning my computer off and on again, and closing browsers and reopening them, and deleting temporary files and cookies... Nothing has worked yet.

Then you may need to enter a help ticket and wait for Monday when the support staff is back in the office

• Mine still isn't working today no matter what I try. Perhaps I'll try again on Monday.

• It shouldn't matter what file I use, it says right there on their page that they accept word documents and PDFs, among others. If they advertise that they accept them, then it should work!!!!!!
  • And it still isn't working today. I got an email that said there was a problem with the conversion, but it didn't tell me what the problem was. I have been through it a dozen times at least, and I have followed their recommendations to the letter. This is so frustrating.
  • I've just managed to get it to work. I've been using Lulu for about 7 years and never had this problem, and alway (including a few days ago) been able to upload word documents for the print-ready conversion. I thought of something I hadn't tried (make sure your document page sizes are already the size they need to be in the finish book) which was to:

• Open my word document
    • Select 'save as'
    • Then select 'PDF' from the 'save as type' drop down list.
    • Then make sure the PDF setting is optimised for 'standard'
    • Then select 'options' and tick 'ISO 19005-1 compliant (PDF/A)' then select OK
    • Under 'tools', select 'save options' and tick 'Embed fonts in the file' and select OK
    • Then save a PDF version to be uploaded

I'm assuming that because this doesn't then need to be converted because it is already the correct sized PDF it isn't effected by whatever is currently wrong with the print-ready converter.

Hope this helps others that have been having the same problem.

• AmberCamp wrote:
    It shouldn't matter what file I use, it says right there on their page that they accept word documents and PDFs, among others. If they advertise that they accept them, then it should work!!!!!!

Yes, it should work. But it isn't, is it?

So you can either spend your time complaining about it here and filling in support tickets or you can answer simple questions from people trying to answer your call for  help and tak etheir advice.

Try what dan19878 posted above.

• I don't believe I should have to fix something that should work as advertised.  If my posts bother you, Peter May, you are welcome to ignore them.

Thank you to everyone else who took the time to help.  I will update if I can get anything to work.

• I gave up and started from scratch.  I made sure that on the new document I followed your instructions, dan19878, and it uploaded this time.  Thank you very much for your help.  I have also logged a ticket with lulu, as I think the word documents should work if they are going to advertise that they do.  : )

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

If the site is broken, then you cannot fix it, only Lulu Staff can, and as already said, use Help to contact them directly.

(They do usually also read the forums though, but during office hours and not week-ends)

Try emptying out the Temp folders on your PC.

Shut off anything else running in the background that's not really needed.

I do recall Glenn stating there has been a known problem and they were working on it though.

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Teacher

kevinlomas wrote:

I do recall Glenn stating there has been a known problem and they were working on it though.

Yes, someone submitted a problematic .doc file numerous times giving the system problems.

• Hi All,

We will post updates to this intermittent problem via this post:

http://connect.lulu.com/t5/eBooks/Creating-Interior-File-screen-hanging-at-5/td-p/279109/page/4

Thank you for your patience!

Rachel Braynin
    Sr. Manager, Customer Voice

• cant even get previously used and successfully printed files through the content creation disaster!