Saddle Stitch supported by Australian Lulu printer?

Hello - I have been scouring Lulu website for a list of what's being printed where; I know, for example, that the Australian Lulu Printer in Melbourne does not print hard cover books. Do they print 'Saddle Stitch' (which would be in the American format 'Letter' for a particular project)?

I might not use the correct terms to find my way around. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Comments

• The list below does not include countries, which leads one to believe that if the printer in Melbourne does not produce hardcover books, you will get your hardcover book from a printer based elsewhere. This does not mean you cannot have the book binding you want (if it's offered by Lulu.).

http://connect.lulu.com/t5/Product-Pricing-Information/Binding-options-and-their-page-counts/ta-p/33673

• Hello.

I am not sure why you are asking because Lulu's system has the products made at whatever printing company they use as close as possible to the order address.

If, for example, the printing company in France cannot create a particular book-type, then it will be made, for example, in the USA, and mailed to anywhere in the world. They will not allow you to pick up the goods even if the printer is in the same street, apparently!

I don't think it makes a difference to the shipping cost.

• Thanks for the replies. I am specifically asking about whether or not the Australian printer prints saddle stitch. The shipping packages in Australia have thus far been woefully inadequate, with books arriving damaged. Hence my question - if the saddle stitch books are printed and shipped from Melbourne to me in Tasmania (Australia), I will have to order them and ship them to a US private address, and reroute them from there, which gives me the vaccum packed, solid-cardboard package.

The Australian printer does not do hard covers; for me, they come from Europe, which is good, because their packaging is just as solid as the US packaging.

The Australian package consists of a flimsy plastic bubble envelope with no impact protection.

• Therefore, if anyone can tell me whether or not the Australian printer does saddle stitch, that would help tremendously. I don't care where they come from, as long as they are packed adequately and arrive at my address undamaged - which is not the case if the Australian printer packs and sends books.

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Teacher

KarlMay wrote:

Therefore, if anyone can tell me whether or not the Australian printer does saddle stitch, that would help tremendously. I don't care where they come from, as long as they are packed adequately and arrive at my address undamaged - which is not the case if the Australian printer packs and sends books.

One suggestion, for every shipment received from the Australian printer that arrives damaged due to inadequate packaging, sending Lulu digital pics would help.  Lulu can then get the printer to use packaging that actually protects the contents.

• As far as I can recall, only hardbacked books, one type of paper, and items created in the Studio Wizards have to be printed in the USA. (Although I think my 2012 calendar was made in France (I live in the UK)).

But as Sphinx rightly says. If you get damaged goods then tell Lulu ASAP.

• Thank you for the info. Oh, indeed, I have a whole series of pics on here, showing what arrives from the Melbourne printer - I'll thus order for a private US address, to re-route - the fuss with reordering and so forth I can do without. US/Europe produced books are far superior in physical quality anyway - and are packed properly.

• My novels have been printed in Melbourne (I live NSW), received in a few days, always in good condition.
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

This thread is 2 years old you know  Man Happy