Introducing 'The Five Principles Of Good Health'

'The Five Princples Of Good Health', a chapter from 'Complete Life-Guides' by Jideoni-Charles, is herein introduced to you guys as a sure drug-free panacea for all bodily ailments.

1. Good Feeding: Mostly vegetarian diets, to be consumed within reason. When sick, first consult your dietician.

2. Regular Exercise: Swimming, dancing etc. - Choose that which you enjoy doing, otherwise it may translate to stress.

3. Sound Sleep: Sound sleep is the bedrock of good health. Cultivate the habit of keeping to time of sleep daily.

4. Healthful Systemic Cleansing: i.e. defecating and urinating. Cultivate the habit of going to toilet at regular intervals through life.

5. Positive Thinking Of Good Health: Where you even obey all the other four rules, your entire constitution will most certainly be pulled down if your thinking is that of ill-health.

CLEANSE out the waste product of the FOOD ingested with EXERCISE and SLEEP; then, your POSITIVE THINKING will make you as fit as a fiddle. www.lulu.com/spotlight/karma867

Comments

• If I get sick I'm calling on a doctor not a "dietician."

Besides, I strongly suspect that your list is hardly going to be a cure for cancer, diabetes, meningitis, AIDS, smallpox, pneumonia, Lyme disease, leukemia, Parkinson's disease, epilepsy, psoriasis, hepatitis or any one of a thousand other "bodily ailments" and anyone who thinks they can cure themselves of such things through eating carrots, defecating regularly and thinking positive thoughts is probably going to wind up even sicker or dead.

Your advice is generally good for maintainting a healthy lifestyle, but to suggest that it is a "panacea" (i.e, a cure-all) for "all bodily ailments" is simply irresponsible.

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

Actually that "mostly vegetarian" advice isn't so great.  The diet any particular person should follow boils down to genetics, as in what their ancestors adapted to eating.

Some people literally starve to death or become extremelly unhealthy trying to do the vegetarian or mostly vegetarian thing, as their ancestors were adapted to a higher intake of meat as vegetation wasn't available year round.

Believe it or not, there are people called scientists who are actually figuring this out through something called research.

****** Added ******

The Wife related a sixth rule for a healthy life.

6: Breathing at regular intervals helps promote a longer, healthier life.

• And never, never, never let anything containing dihydrogen oxide pass your lips!

Never use dihydrogen dioxide for treatment of wounds.

• Ron Miller wrote:
    'If I get sick I'm calling on a doctor not a "dietician".'

But I never said one should call on only the dietician.

He also wrote:
    'Your advice is generally good for maintaining a healthy life style...'

Ron Miller, Thank you for your corroborative remark. www.lulu.com/spotlight/karma867
  • It all seems just simple everyday commonsense to me, why would most people need to be told that or read it in a book?

• Ooo, that's interesting. The postings have become Facebook, where when you paste in a link, it 'pinches' a bit from the page the link is to!  Smiley Surprised

• Kevinlomas wrote:
    'It all seems just simple everyday commonsense to me, why would most people need to be told that or read it in a book?'

It is simply its simplicity that has made most people to overlook its significance, prophylactic and therapeutic potency. Hence, the utmost relevance of any book to further discuss it. www.lulu.com/spotlight/karma867
  • SphinxCameron wrote:
    'The Wife related a sixth rule for a healthy life.
    6. Breathing at regular intervals helps promote a longer, healthier life.'

Sorry, it's like the Wife has got it all wrong here, as there isn't any sixth rule of good health.
    Breathing exercise is part and parcel of physical fitness exercise, as this has been presented in my book.

Aside from the muscular exertion involved in physical exercise, the accelerated respiration attendant upon such bodily shake-ups is a major benefit derivable from the exercise.

In that case, not only is the breathing effected at regular intervals, but air must be slowly taken in, held in for as long as it is convenient, then slowly exhaled. www.lulu.com/spotlight/karma867

Then it sounds like you should have posted in Shameless Promotion.

• Then it sounds like you should have posted in Shameless Promotion.

I agree. Or a blog somewhere.

• I believe regular chiropractic adjustments will help your overall health as well.