Big Order Problem!

So I just ordered a book I just made, and it said: "We were unsuccessful in authorizing your payment method. Please check your information and try again." I tried entering my information two more times but same result. Then I checked my band account and Lulu charged me for all three transactions when the website said it was unsuccessful. Can someone give me a number where I can talk to a real LIVE person or can someone who works for Lulu help me get my money back and get this ridiculous matter solved???? Please and thank you....

Comments

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

Try contacting Glenn H or another moderator.

• How do I contact them? I'm new to the website, and don't know how to navigate the site well. Thanks.

• Those are not actual charges to your account and will clear shortly.

When you enter your credit card information, we send the information you enter and the purchase amount to your credit card company to verify that your card exists and that the charges will be accepted.

Before placing another order, you should confirm that your name and address are entered exactly as they appear on your credit card billing statement. This is often the cause of credit card purchases not being accepted.

• Thanks for the information. However, the charges have not cleared as of yet and the charges have actually deducted from my account. 

• If your order failed, the funds are on hold as a pending transaction. 

Your bank will release the funds based on their business policies.

I do find it odd that banks can immediately place funds on hold, but will take their sweet time in releasing those same funds.

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

Glenn_H wrote:

If your order failed, the funds are on hold as a pending transaction. 

Your bank will release the funds based on their business policies.

I do find it odd that banks can immediately place funds on hold, but will take their sweet time in releasing those same funds.

The banks tend to earn interest on the monet that is placed on hold.

• Hi PhilDeCorte,

I know this thread is a few years old, but I was wondering if you ever got the problem resolved?

I got the same error message trying to order a book today and retried several times, so I am worried it will charge me multiple times.

Thank you.

• I would have expected so. As you say, this is a very old thread and such problems do not take long to answer.