Chapters in ebook heading styles

I keep getting an error stating I have an issue with my chapters in my ebook I am trying to create after upload I am using MS weord 97. Any help?

Comments

• Have you applied Heading Style 1 or 2 to your chapter headings?

• time

This is from lulu's guide to formatting a Word document for conversion to an epub:

A well-formatted eBook only requires the use of the following styles, plus they are the only ones recognized by our converter:

• Heading 1 (Title, Main Sections)
    • Heading 2 (Chapters or Sections)
    • Heading 3 (Subsections)
    • Normal (Paragraph or text style)
    • Direct (Inline) Formatting such as bold, italics, bullets, and numbered lists
  • What does that mean??? im using wordpad i dont have heading style is it a certain font, pts, etc.??

I made a list of chapters at the beginning then labeled three which i dont htink i need cause it's poetry but

what...what is it im doing wrong its bold and : and stuff?

I need page breaks and ms words heading typefaces?

4th submission getting so frustrated :-(

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country ✭✭

spirulinianna wrote:

What does that mean??? im using wordpad i dont have heading style is it a certain font, pts, etc.??

I made a list of chapters at the beginning then labeled three which i dont htink i need cause it's poetry but

what...what is it im doing wrong its bold and : and stuff?

I need page breaks and ms words heading typefaces?

4th submission getting so frustrated :-(

Heading styles and page breaks are part of formatting which you really can't do in Word Pad.

You can do it using Open Office Writer.

• I have applied Heading 1 to the title, preface, introduction and Heading 2 to the names of each chapter.

I still get the error message that there are no chapters.

I am using MS Word.