Post helpful marketing/promotion tips here

2»

Comments

• ScriptureBasedColouringBooks
    Within these colouring books you will find scripture or prayers in large letters that you can colour in to experience God's words in yet one more way. It will give you a beautiful moment to pause and stop thinking of the worries of life, a moment to do something meaningful and relaxing. You can colour in one word or one page a day. Some books contain, in addition to the actual scripture or prayer, Christian crosses, ornamental first letter or peace-inspiring mandalas as in the Psalms book. Colour pencils or crayons recommended. Product information. 8.5x11 paperback, 60# white interior paper, black ink outline, glossy cover finish, perfect bound.

• ScriptureBasedColouringBooks
    Within these colouring books you will find scripture or prayers in large letters that you can colour in to experience God's words in yet one more way. It will give you a beautiful moment to pause and stop thinking of the worries of life, a moment to do something meaningful and relaxing. You can colour in one word or one page a day. Some books contain, in addition to the actual scripture or prayer, Christian crosses, ornamental first letter or peace-inspiring mandalas as in the Psalms book. Colour pencils or crayons recommended. Product information. 8.5x11 paperback, 60# white interior paper, black ink outline, glossy cover finish, perfect bound.

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian
    The enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights in a particular country is the responsibility of the country in question. As such, the actions of a Chinese national without diplomatic immunity, living in a country other than China, would fall under the jurisdiction practiced by the country of residence. The authorities in the US do prosecute violations of IPR when the perpetrators reside in the US.

Enforcement of IPR in China is more problematic due to the size of both the country and its population and the fact that regional authorities are more concerned with hitting economic targets with little funding left over to investigate infringement claims.

While Chinese authorities are beginning to take the infringement of foreign copyrights and patents more seriously, with a population of 1.4 billion people change is slow.
    Maggie said:
    So only the Chinese in China rip people off? How about the Chinese in Canada? Or the US. I bet there are millions. Are they going to rip my book off? Let them have it. Distribute widely please. India, China, the world.

• I don't know why you posted all that.  It sounds racist to be afraid to distribute to China and India. The younger distributors are doing it. Lulu should do it too. That is my message. What is yours? Nevermind, I got it; let's exclude two whole groups of people lest they do the bad thing and read our books for free.

ScriptureBasedColouringBooks

• I think using the R word is a strong thing to say to someone and uncalled for.  I think the word is to err on the side of caution.  You worked hard for your book snd yes while you wwant  it to be distributed and made known to the wworld you wrote it, others could take what u wrote and claim it for themselves.  They will begin to undercut your profit and even claim the work to be theirs.  Who know what your work could turn into, and turn big time money into the hands of those who took you work unbeknowing to you.

I think the general statement here is be forwarned and know what may possibly happen (not fully saying that it will).  It's the Once bitten, twice shy.  Those who post here, speak out of years of experience and are not novice to this game.  You don't have to agree or do (or don't do) what they suggest, so no need to be disgruntled.

Happy writings
  • MaggieMaggie Reader
    edited February 21
    Several years ago we had a poster who called another poster "a brown person," and persisted to pick on him. Because I was then feeding six creatures, both human and animal, I didn't have  the courage to call the person out publicly; he was vindictive and dangerous to my ability to earn a living. Instead I wrote to every lulu staff member whose email I had, including Mr. Bob Young.

Still, I wish I could go back in time and defend the underdog. A hint of "racism" is too much. Being afraid to distribute to the Chinese or Indians may or may not be racist. But it feels like it. It gives one that creepy feeling of it's wrong.

And thank you for the lecture. I believe I have been here longer than the previous poster. I have plenty of experience.

ScriptureBasedColouringBooks

2»