ISBN, publisher and copyright info inside book

Hi, I have my book virtually print-ready, both inside and cover - I see a barcode on the back cover (positioning could be better, but hey..) and a number beginning with ID, not ISBN - inside the title page I have included what I think is correct copyright info, and space for the ISBN code and the publisher details/date etc - but do Lulu amend this for me, or do I have to re-submit my print-ready copy with those details added? And if so, where do I get them from? (This is for a paperback non-fiction A5, colour cover, b/w inside with b/w line drawings, 335 pages, btw, which I hope to sell through Lulu and on Amazon)

Comments

• Hi, I have my book virtually print-ready, both inside and cover - I see a barcode on the back cover (positioning could be better, but hey..) and a number beginning with ID, not ISBN

That's a printer's identification code and is usually there until you use the apply ISBN option (when set to General) then it will be replaced with a real ISBN barcode. The non-barcode is a Lulu Project number, and you can remove that via the Cover Wizard if it does not remove itself. There's no need for it to be there.

- inside the title page I have included what I think is correct copyright info, and space for the ISBN code

You only need - ISBN > (number) - not the entire barcode.

and the publisher details/date etc -

Do not forget that you are the publisher. The date goes with the Copyright -  (c) (name) (Year).

but do Lulu amend this for me,

Lulu add nothing at all to the pages.

or do I have to re-submit my print-ready copy with those details added?

Yes. You have to edit your original file. Your docx or whatever, and upload it again, but while on that Wizard page, delete the older uploaded page file first.

And if so, where do I get them from? (This is for a paperback non-fiction A5, colour cover, b/w inside with b/w line drawings, 335 pages, btw, which I hope to sell through Lulu and on Amazon)

Well you already know your name and your copyright year, and that should already be on your Copyright page, it's only the ISBN you do not know, until you get it.

You opt for the free Lulu ISBN within the Project Wizard. The Project has to be set to General or you do not get that option.

When you get the number, you edit it on to your Copyright page and then Continue and upload the edited file as I said above. The ISBN barcode will be auto-placed on to the back cover.

Please please do ensure that it really is ready to be published though, and do not forget that you will have to order and Approve a Proof.

• ISBN, publisher and copyright info inside book

• Please be kind enough to include ISBN of my book from your end
  • You can post that as often as you like, but the answer is just the same. You put them there yourself.

• Excuse me, I am doing a one-piece cover.  I have a bar code and ISBN that I got using the  project wizard. Do I paste it on the image before I upload it? Or will it get pasted on the cover automatically? Thanks very much for your time.

• If you're doing a one-piece, you'll need to paste it in prior to uploading.

• Good information. Thank you