Bookstore

Hello All,

Well, I have gone off and started up a book store of sorts that lists Lulu authors books for sale (with redirects back to Lulu spotlights for previews and sales.)

http://calbooknook.webs.com/

Anyone interested in listing a few of their books is welcomed. Although we have just started, we've listed with all the big search engines, etc. and are looking into the various ways of marketing the website to the general public to drive interest (and hits) to the site.

If nothing else, it provides just that much more exposure for your work.

Let me know if you are interested.

Cheers.

Comments

• Hello Michael.

Not a bad idea or site. It does have a few problems though.

Many of the image frames cannot find those images, so either have the X or they simply say they cannot find the images.

There's a problem with the textwrap around the image frames. It's best if text is also in frames (text frames) so it cannot do that.

Self-publishing still carries a stigma, so there is no need at all to mention the fact that the books are. None at all. Or that they are created via POD.

Many of us have books all over that place. Lulu's ISBNs do that as you know, so why links only to Lulu?

There's no need for the Shipping tab, especially since it only mentions Lulu and that you do not sell the books.

Some of us have our own sites. What about links to those also or instead of?

I too am listed with every search engine around, but that does not mean you will get massive hits.

Most finds that appear at the top of lists, they pay the search engine to place them there.

One trick though is that search engines also count the number of links there are to a site, and the more there are, the more important the target is considered to be, so they also get a high ranking, so basically, for every outward link you place on your site, you really need a link back as a 'Swoplink'. I may be interested in that  Smiley Happy

• I would be interested for sure!!   Any exposure helps!

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Kfuller1362

• Hello Michael.

Hi Kevin, long time.

Not a bad idea or site. It does have a few problems though.

Just put it up. Got a lot of kinks to work out. Luckily, at this point, only Hazen and I are looking at it. lol.

Many of the image frames cannot find those images, so either have the X or they simply say they cannot find the images.

Yeah, just resized all the images, so I've got to go back and reset them all again.

There's a problem with the textwrap around the image frames. It's best if text is also in frames (text frames) so it cannot do that.

Using a website to build the site. I have NO Html knowledge, so I have to figure out how to do all that using what the website provides. We'll get it all worked out.

Self-publishing still carries a stigma, so there is no need at all to mention the fact that the books are. None at all. Or that they are created via POD.

Will take that into consideration. Thanks.

Many of us have books all over that place. Lulu's ISBNs do that as you know, so why links only to Lulu?

Lulu is all I know. Although Hazen's links are to his website. I'll link your books to wherever you want.

There's no need for the Shipping tab, especially since it only mentions Lulu and that you do not sell the books.

Came with the original build site package. Like I said, I'm still working on the kinks.

Some of us have our own sites. What about links to those also or instead of?

Sure. I'll link your books to wherever your want.

I too am listed with every search engine around, but that does not mean you will get massive hits.

Never said it would.

Most finds that appear at the top of lists, they pay the search engine to place them there.

I realize that. My site will most likely be by word of mouth and through other marketing techniques. I'm reading everthing I can on marketing a website.

One trick though is that search engines also count the number of links there are to a site, and the more there are, the more important the target is considered to be, so they also get a high ranking, so basically, for every outward link you place on your site, you really need a link back as a 'Swoplink'. I may be interested in that  :smileyhappy:

Glad to have you.

• I would be interested for sure!!   Any exposure helps!

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Kfuller1362

Done. Smiley Happy Let me know if the blog post on your book is correct as well.

• Love your website Michael, well done indeed.

James
  •  

I am seeing all the cover images except for SUNDOWN at the top on the home page

Text positioning is perfect.

Best of luck with it

• Thanks, James. I realize it is a drop of water in a huge bucket, but I have hopes that over time, and with the right marketing, it will take off a bit.  At least enough to get a fair amount of exposure for all included.

All authors are invited. Can't hurt to have your book located in multiple places. :-)

• I am seeing all the cover images except for SUNDOWN at the top on the home page

Thanks, Peter. still working on the images. Hazen is helping out by going back and forth with me via PM, checking out the site and making recommendations, looking for missing images, html links, etc.

I'm hoping to have it all put together (so-to-speak) soon. just started it day before yesterday, so it's a work in process. lol.

Text positioning is perfect.

Best of luck with it

Thanks! Appeciate the support.  Smiley Happy

• Looks great!!  Thank you!! Smiley Happy

• Yes, text is now behaving and all the image frames have content.

I see you have not removed the bit about POD and self-publishing. Oh well   Smiley Happy

• Hey,

If you want you can include my book as well. Cheers!!!

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/sybaserays

Regards,

Abhi

• CONGRATS and my best wishes to your wonderful purpose.

I wiish to be considered if I am worth. Actually, I am revising my 3 books here all love poems and a novelette. 

Best regards,

myangel168

• Who? This thread is many years old  Smiley Very Happy