We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

Green frame on bleed area for one-piece cover preview

Hi

I've uploaded a one-piece cover for my book, but the preview i'm being shown after uploading the cover, has a green frame all around the book (rather than my cover image bleeding off)?

Can anyone shed any light on this?

My book is a perfect bound, 32pp paperback with images bleeding to the edge.

Using the 'spine width creator' my trim dimensions are 38.93cm x 19.68cm. I've added 3mm bleed all around the cover to make final file dimensions of 39.53cm x 20.28cm.

The images in my InDesign file extend to the bleed area.

Cheers

J

Comments

• Yes, it's the area at which the print is folded around the cardboard. Keep your main image well away from them.  Smiley Happy

• James, just ignore. It's the possible crop area. Just look at the preview images at the end of the wizard.

• I have the same question. This is the first time I'm using lulu for print. I am getting a pdf proof that looks okay but this green line would tell me that I need to severely shrink my layout for the image. There is no instruction that says I need to give any number on cm or inches to the boarder area so I don't know how much trim I need to be worried about. Do I just ignore this as is suggested or will that lead to disaster?

• The Green border indicates the portion most likely lost when trimming.
    In your case, you see a large border because your book is a casewrap hardcover, which features a fold over of the cover against the board.
    You will absolutely need to adjust your image to allow for the cover fold or you will see content cut off/lost.
    Here's an article with more information about cover sizing:
    http://connect.lulu.com/t5/Cover-Formatting-Knowledge-Base/Recommended-Book-Cover-Image-Dimensions/ta-p/33279