Help: I need to change one word in my published book.

I published my book on Lulu and let my parents have a look at one of my proof copies this weekend.  Unfortunately, there seems to be an issue with one word I have used which has sent my Dad into a frenzy.  A joke I made has not got down well;  apparently, I have intimated that my family are a load of inbreds.  (Sigh)

In order to keep the peace, I have said that I will look into changing this one word.

I appreciate that I will have to change it in my original document and then reupload it.

I have two concerns:

Will this mean I will lose my ISBN?

Will it cost me to do this?

Comments

• It happens all the time.

No, it won't cost you anything apart from buying a further proof copy.

No, you don't have to change the ISBN.

Just revise the
    project and upload the edited document.

Before you do however search out those other typo's you missed.
  • I have the same problem! Although my book was proof-read very carefully three small errors have crept in to the text - or remained undetected.  I have approved my first print copy, and the book's status is now "published". There have been a lot of  comments about revisions being "free" but Lulu inform me that even to amend these very minor errors will cost me $315. To send new files to the printer costs $210 and a further $105 has to be paid for up to 25 corrections.That seems a lot to have to fork out! Has anyone else experienced this? Are those "free" revisions a thing of the past?  

• Ken Anderson wrote:
    It happens all the time.

No, it won't cost you anything apart from buying a further proof copy.

No, you don't have to change the ISBN.

Just revise the project and upload the edited document.

Before you do however search out those other typo's you missed.

I have the same problem! Although my book was proof-read very carefully three small errors have crept in to the text - or remained undetected.  I have approved my first print copy, and the book's status is now "published". There have been a lot of  comments about revisions being "free" but Lulu inform me that even to amend these very minor errors will cost me $315. To send new files to the printer costs $210 and a further $105 has to be paid for up to 25 corrections.That seems a lot to have to fork out! Has anyone else experienced this? Are those "free" revisions a thing of the past?