Ebook Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Where can I download eReader software for my computer?
Click on the links below to download free eReader software:
- Calibre - supports all EPUB and PDF ebooks
- Adobe Digital Editions - supports all EPUB and PDF ebooks
- MobiPocket Reader (Windows) can import, organize, and access books in PDF, ePub, or Microsoft Office format.
- EPUBReader is a handy add-on for Firefox that can directly open any ePub format.
- Other online eReader sites and applications include: Aldiko, Booki.sh, Bluefire Reader, iBooks, and MegaReader.
Can I print my ebook?
ebooks you purchase that are published without DRM protection can be printed as often as you like.
How many times can I download an ebook?
There is no limit to the number of times an ebook purchased from the Lulu Marketplace can be downloaded. Click on your user name and choose My Orders > My Downloads to access previously purchased ebooks. As long as your account is active, your purchased ebooks will remain accessible.
How do I transfer an ebook to a handheld device?
You will need to transfer or synchronize your ebook to your device (eReader, iPhone/iPod/iPad, tablet, etc). If you are having trouble synchronizing your device, consult the device instructions.
Once any ebook with DRM is purchased and downloaded to your computer or mobile device, you can transfer it to any of your authorized computers and devices an unlimited number of times.
What if my ebook does not download properly?
Firewall settings and connectivity problems as well as the ebook file itself can result in improper downloading of ebooks. Check your connection and firewall settings. If you still have an issue downloading the ebook, contact Lulu Customer Support.
Why doesn’t the Download button seem to be working?
The Download button causes the file to load in your browser window, therefore you must take the additional step of saving the file onto your computer using your browser's File > Save command.
An alternative to directly clicking the Download button is as follows.
- Right-click the Download button. (Control + click for Macs)
- From the menu, select Save Target Link As.
- Navigate to the directory where you want to save the file.
- Click OK.
The dialog box displays the download progress and an estimate of the time remaining.