We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.
Ebook Creator Guide
Ebooks are electronic, downloadable books that can be accessed on an ever-growing number of eReader and handheld devices, like the Kindle, iPad, iPhone, Barnes & Noble’s NOOK, Android tablets, and your home computer. Millions of readers purchase ebooks each day. By publishing an ebook, you can more easily share your unique knowledge and ideas with readers all over the world.
Download the Ebook Creation Guide and get started!
Once you have read and followed these guidelines for preparing your manuscript, the Lulu EPUB Converter can be used to create an ebook in EPUB file format. These guidelines do not guarantee success on your first conversion attempt, but by following these instructions, your chances of success are greatly improved.
- Introduction: Lulu and ebooks
- What types of manuscript files can be converted to an ebook in EPUB format?
- Microsoft Word settings required to format your manuscript for conversion to an ebook
- Using Style-based formatting
- Prepare your manuscript for conversion to an ebook in EPUB format
- Format your manuscript to create a perfect ebook table of contents (NCX)
- Front matter: Title, Copyright, and traditional table of contents pages
- Fonts, Images, Hyperlinks, and Footnotes
- Paragraph Style: properly formatting your paragraphs before conversion
- Upload your manuscript for conversion to an ebook in EPUB format
- Errors? Troubleshoot your manuscript to correct conversion errors
- Preview your converted ebook in EPUB format
- Final check before publishing
How much does it cost to publish an ebook?
If you are a do-it-yourself publisher, there is no cost to use our free tools to convert and/or publish your EPUB and PDF format ebooks.
If, however, you would like a little assistance, we offer several affordable ebook publishing packages.