Making Revisions After Publication and Distribution to Databases

Once your book is published, accepted, and added to databases like Amazon.com and others through globalReach, can you make updates, revisions, or changes in formatting of the same work using the same Lulu ISBN? What if you want to do something like change the font on the chapter headings and maybe add a note of acknowledgement without changing the content of the book? Is this possible after the book is published and being distributed in bookstores?

What is the procedure for making minor revisions or updates to the same work once it has been distributed in book databases? Can you simply upload a new body text file with some changes in it?

Thanks for any help with this question. It isn't completely clear to me from the documentaion I have read so far.

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Once your book is published, accepted, and added to databases like Amazon.com and others through globalReach, can you make updates, revisions, or changes in formatting of the same work using the same Lulu ISBN?

It depends on how far you go.

What if you want to do something like change the font on the chapter headings and maybe add a note of acknowledgement without changing the content of the book?

But that is the content of the book.

Is this possible after the book is published and being distributed in bookstores?

It is possible to make those Revisions, yes. Then you would have to order another proof, then Approve, then wait around 8 weeks for the changes to show up on Amazon, for example. Revisions are treated my the software as new books even if not new Projects!

What is the procedure for making minor revisions or updates to the same work once it has been distributed in book databases? Can you simply upload a new body text file with some changes in it?

In principle no, in practice, many do and get away with it.

• What if you have made revisions which included the content and cover and wanted to use the same ISBN as the one that was previously done?

I have done this however, I have requested a couple of times via email to have this attached to the existing ISBN and remove the first version but I don't know if it can or has been done. Because of this, I cannot order bulk for my own stock.

Any thoughts?

• You can't ask "someone" to add to the existing.
    Only you can make changes.
    You have to delete the old file and upload the new one then do as Kevin told you.

What if you have made revisions which included the content and cover and wanted to use the same ISBN as the one that was previously done?

That sounds far more than a "minor revision", that's a complete workover and I would say it needs to be a new Project and a new ISBN, and delete or Withdraw the original.

• I  have made changes to the formatting of practially all 150 pictures.

Should I upload this as a new file? Or design a new cover and title and upload as a different project?

Content is the same, except the way pictures appear.

Wolfgang

Why are you posting in a four year old thread?

I  have made changes to the formatting of practially all 150 pictures.

Should I upload this as a new file? Or design a new cover and title and upload as a different project?

Content is the same, except the way pictures appear

It's a new book then, which should be a New Project with a new ISBN and the other Project deleted. That is if you have published it, if not then it can be the same Project Revised.

• Thank you Kevin, the first edition is now being reviewed and cannot be revised. Revisions should be made to the second edition they say.

All I am changing is how the pictures appear. Presently all different sizes. I got that fixed.

So I will upload a new project.

I moved the four year old discussion to the top. I guess I should have started a new subject.

Wolfgang