previews

For the umpteenth time my preview pages have disappeared

I beleive this firm has real problems with their site

David Wright

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    They can take a while to appear at times, and yes, the site is slow, but it can help if you clear out your Temp folders too.
  • Thanks for responding Kevin but I am certain this issue with my previews are unrelated to my handling of my files

While I have you is there anyone publishing on lulu who can sssist me in getting this project sorted?

Appreciate any suggestions or assistance you can render

\

DW

• David

Post a link to your book.

There was another thread yesterday fromsomeone saying that their preview was not showing and yet I and others could clearly see it.

Thanks for responding Kevin but I am certain this issue with my previews are unrelated to my handling of my files

No one said it was, your PC 'handles' files. Everything you see on your PC is downloaded (or you would not be able to see/hear anything on line) and they can stay on your PC forever (so can Cookies) and as the temp folders fill up they can run out of room and refuse to download more. So those Temp folders need the be emptied (same with any Temp folders on your PC.)

While I have you is there anyone publishing on lulu who can sssist me in getting this project sorted?

Yes, us.

• Suddenly all my book previews have disappeared and I am unable to make one for my new book. The option has not presented.

Gosh, you do know that this thread is almost 5 years old? Any problems in it may not have the same causes and any answers in it may no longer apply, but some answers often do. Have you tried any?

If it's an ePub then you can only upload a Preview. That could be the problem.

It's a shame that when the same book is also a print book the Preview for that cannot be linked to the ePub.

• Hi Ken,

My problem was getting previews for a hardcopy book.  (I published an ebook separately on amazon.com.)

http://www.lulu.com/shop/sheila-newman-and-james-sinnamon/when-we-were-human/paperback/product-22649455.html

Does anyone know what is happening with this?

I found that 5 yr old post by searching the subject; didn't notice the date.  There seemed to be no answers for the old discussion. :-)

Hello, but I am Kev.

You do actually have a Preview. One is usually created automatically and the Preview Tool (which you can also find via Revise) allows you to edit it to show what you want.