We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.

At this time, we're investigating the problem and looking for a solution.

If you've encountered this issue while converting your file, we suggest attempting to create and upload an EPUB directly to our system.

While there are a number of EPUB conversion options, Calibre (Download Here) has shown the best results for creating an EPUB for the Lulu system. Please review their extensive Help resources (Found Here) to create an EPUB 2 that our system can validate.

We've also created this Forum Thread. Post questions here and we'll do our best to respond and assist.

Yesterday I created a book, in the Book announcement and promotion. Is it correct ?

bearbeitet 3. Juli in General Discussions
This is the first time I tried to created the book "Idli- for Healthy and Balanced Breakfast." Where can i see the details about the  "Book announcement and promotion?"
Thanks,
Manimekalai Chelliah

Beste Antworten

• Paul_LuluPaul_Lulu Admin
    Antwort ✓
    Hi Manimekalai,

I moved this post to our general discussion thread, as the promotion category is just for promos. If you go to the category, you'll see the details about how to post.

Your post looks like its got everything it needs. I did jump in and add a space between your hyperlink and the text, but that was the only hang up I saw.

Best of luck with your book!
  • Ron MillerRon Miller Professor
    Antwort ✓
    The posting looks great! I would only suggest making a change to the book cover itself. It would probably stand you in good stead to include both the title of the book and your name on the cover.

Good luck!
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    Antwort ✓

The cover in Promotions does lack text on the cover, and yet the cover on the Storefront page does. But it's also obvious which are links because when you 'mouseover' what is a link the pointer turns in to a hand, and normally shows the address too before you click it.

I do find the cover to be a bit strange though. The bright green (and very plain) bands seem to be a rushed afterthought, you can see where it overlaps the photos.

Myself and my friend combined know everything there is to know, but he's not here.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius
    Antwort ✓

How odd, was this posting deleted and then reproduced further down? Oh well, I will reply to it again as if it is new.

I beg to differ; I thought the post poor in the extreme.

It does exactly what was intended.

The name of the book and the author were missing on what is essentially the cover page.

I assume you mean the Cover? But that's been replied to.

It was not clear what you had to click to see further information about the book. Clicking on the picture only brought up another picture and you had to click on the post headline.

Most PC etc., users know how to discover what is a hyperlink.

Two different spelling were used: Idli and Idly.

On the other hand, does any shameless promotion ever lead to a sale?

Ron has answered that, and you have asked before, and he answered that, too. The answer remains the same.

Myself and my friend combined know everything there is to know, but he's not here.

Antworten

• wildwindwildwind Publisher

I beg to differ; I thought the post poor in the extreme. The name of the book and the author were missing on what is essentially the cover page. It was not clear what you had to click to see further information about the book. Clicking on the picture only brought up another picture and you had to click on the post headline. Two different spelling were used: Idli and Idly.

On the other hand, does any shameless promotion ever lead to a sale?

• Thank you for the suggestions.
  • Thanks for your positive comments.
    Manimekalai Chelliah
  • Kevin
    Thanks for the replay. The image is too big, so i want to change the photo or i can cancel this and make another one.

Anmelden oder Registrieren, um zu kommentieren.